How to force SMS to iMessage?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Here is what happens

I talk to X, a friend of mine, always on iMessage as X also owns an iPhone.

One day since there was low signal, my txt can not be sent as iMessage, and instead was sent as SMS (I have since turn off the Send as SMS option).

Now after this, X is no longer an iMessage recipient. Every time I open the chat window, it's always Text Message (green) on the chat box (even though X always use the same iPhone and I only have X phone number, no email address that associated with iMessage).

I tried turn off and on again my iMessage setting, it didn't work.

Anyone can help on how to force it back again?

Thanks.

Last edited:

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify, my iMessage works with other people, only with X, that used to work, now only work in SMS mode.

Is it possible your friend X turned off iMessage? Personally, I find it uselessly redundant to the carrier supplied SMS services so I turned it off.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
No. I know for sure he has not turn off the iMessage. The other reason I want the iMessage to work with X is that I am not in US at the moment, so international SMS to my friend X is going to cost a lot (vs free SMS from AT&T and T-Mobile). If I am in US now, I would careless :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If a hard reboot of the phone doesn't work then you'll need to delete the message thread with X and compose a new message to X which will take him back to iMessage. I know the issue you speak of and it is beyond annoying but that has been my solution in the past.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro