How do I stop iTunes from downloading the next TV episode automatically?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I started watching Arrested Development on my iPhone. I download a couple of episodes at home and watch one during my lunch break. The problem is, as I watch the last of the episodes that I have downloaded, I see that it goes ahead and starts downloading the next one whether I want to or not (I don't, well at least not until I get home). How do I stop Videos from downloading the next episode automatically? Note, I only have Books and Updates set to automatically download, not Music or Videos.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
No, that's just about when you purchase a series. I am having the problem when I'm watching the series. I don't want it downloading the next episode on its own. This is probably a "feature" bug, since it would make it easier to chain watch a series of it downloads the next episode in the background, but I'd like the option not to.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, that's just about when you purchase a series. I am having the problem when I'm watching the series. I don't want it downloading the next episode on its own. This is probably a "feature" bug, since it would make it easier to chain watch a series of it downloads the next episode in the background, but I'd like the option not to.

I understand, but do you not have the option to not view the downloaded "next episode"?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't have to watch them, but they take up space on my phone and they use bandwidth at work (which gets noticed when my phone is downloading gigabytes of data during the day).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2