Third Party Keyboard in Mail and Messages??
I've installed both SwiftKey and Flesh and neither show up as options in the Mail and Messages apps. I'd that normal? They show up fine in other apps like Tapatalk. Can I get it to work with stock Apple apps like Mail?
- 01-04-2015, 08:48 PM #2
- 01-04-2015, 09:07 PM #4
- 01-04-2015, 09:52 PM #6
- 01-04-2015, 10:11 PM #8
- 01-31-2015, 12:33 PM #10
- 02-01-2015, 10:42 AM #11iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Re: Third Party Keyboard in Mail and Messages??
I was able to figure this out. My phone is a personal device, but I use it for work. In order to get the necessary settings for our office wifi and email, I needed to enroll my devices to our MDM system (mobile device management). This included some restrictions blocking third-party keyboards. I am working with our IT department to see if this setting can be changed.
If you're in a different situation, I would still check the Restrictions on your device. These would be in Settings >> General >> Restrictions. If its off, you're back to the drawing board.
Last edited by Benjamin Michael; 02-01-2015 at 10:43 AM. Reason: misspelling
- By Madlocks in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 145Last Post: 08-10-2015, 07:43 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-04-2015, 08:22 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-04-2015, 08:05 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-04-2015, 03:12 PM
- By Vivian Baxter in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-04-2015, 02:08 PM