Third Party Keyboard in Mail and Messages??

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've installed both SwiftKey and Flesh and neither show up as options in the Mail and Messages apps. I'd that normal? They show up fine in other apps like Tapatalk. Can I get it to work with stock Apple apps like Mail?

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
No its not normal. I just reinstalled SwiftKey to check and it poped up fine in iMessage.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

That's what I thought. Weird. It doesn't work for me on both my 6 and 6 plus, so at least the behavior is consistent. I can't even select it as an option in messages.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Which keyboards do Mail and Messages cycle through when you press the "Globe"?

Well, first of all, I don't even see the globe unless I go to the emoji screen. And then when I press I only see English and Emoji. I've rebooted and reinstalled and still no change.

Benjamin Michael

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Globe doesn't even show up. Just the Emoji symbol. Doesn't matter what third-party keyboard I am trying to install. It was like this both on v8.1.2 and v8.1.3.

Benjamin Michael

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I was able to figure this out. My phone is a personal device, but I use it for work. In order to get the necessary settings for our office wifi and email, I needed to enroll my devices to our MDM system (mobile device management). This included some restrictions blocking third-party keyboards. I am working with our IT department to see if this setting can be changed.

If you're in a different situation, I would still check the Restrictions on your device. These would be in Settings >> General >> Restrictions. If its off, you're back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal