Bluetooth headset issues with 8.1.2

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with bluetooth since updating to 8.1.2? I mean, more than previous releases of ios 8?

Initially I thought it was my Jaybird Bluebuds that were having issue, but I tried my LG Tone Pros today and had the same issues. Both sets of buds continuously disconnect. I can't run more than a quarter mile in my jaybirds without issues. It's infuriating. Today, I put my Tones in and they disconnected so much I just turned them off.

This seems to be happening only to my BT earbuds. My Up24 and Pebble seem to be fine. I know my earbuds are not broken because they both work perfectly paired with my blackberry Q10.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Many BT headsets are firmware updatable. Check with the support resources for the brands to see if yours are.

I have not updated to 8.1.2 nor do I intend to unless I'm forced to restore my phone as per the release notes, the only item it deals with that is not already fixed with 8.1.1 is with purchased ringtones, which is not an issue for me.

But since I updated to 8.1.1, I started having quality issues with my Plantronics Voyager Legend and a firmware update of the Legend resolved it.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Many BT headsets are firmware updatable. Check with the support resources for the brands to see if yours are.

I have not updated to 8.1.2 nor do I intend to unless I'm forced to restore my phone as per the release notes, the only item it deals with that is not already fixed with 8.1.1 is with purchased ringtones, which is not an issue for me.

But since I updated to 8.1.1, I started having quality issues with my Plantronics Voyager Legend and a firmware update of the Legend resolved it.

Thanks. I'll look for an update

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
No firmware updates for Jaybird. This really sucks. I reset network settings and re-paired the Jaybirds and they cut out at least a dozen times during my run today. It's terrible.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
No firmware updates for Jaybird. This really sucks. I reset network settings and re-paired the Jaybirds and they cut out at least a dozen times during my run today. It's terrible.
Then the only thing I can suggest is see if you can get customer support from Jaybird. Depending on how old your headset is, you might be able to exchange it as defective. Or throw money at the problem and buy another headset.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Then the only thing I can suggest is see if you can get customer support from Jaybird. Depending on how old your headset is, you might be able to exchange it as defective. Or throw money at the problem and buy another headset.

It's not the headset. I think it's ios 8. No issues when I pair with other phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen