IOS 8.1.2 is the biggest garbage update. Don't update.

udojahn

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
All for some lousy ringtones. This update killed my airplay and remote app on my iPhone 6. My wife's iPhone 6plus now has problems with WiFi and cellular connect. I have reset all my appliances twice to no avail. I have rest. Network settings on my wife's phone and it intermittently works. This ranks up there with 8.0.1 disaster. We need a fix now. All because of some lousy ringtones.

Posted via iMore App

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't listen to this advice and act based solely on the experience of this one person on an Internet forum. Most,people aren't experincing the issues described.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All for some lousy ringtones. This update killed my airplay and remote app on my iPhone 6. My wife's iPhone 6plus now has problems with WiFi and cellular connect. I have reset all my appliances twice to no avail. I have rest. Network settings on my wife's phone and it intermittently works. This ranks up there with 8.0.1 disaster. We need a fix now. All because of some lousy ringtones.

Posted via iMore App

Send Apple your feedback here:
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
re: RemoteApp... make sure your AppleTV is connected via wifi to the same hotspot your Phone/iPad is connected to... I was just experiencing this issue myself... had the AppleTV connected via network cable... disconnected it, got the AppleTV on the same wifi as the iPhone - RemoteApp works like a charm...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am actually having TONS of issues with this one too, losing service CONSTANTLY.

WiFi or Cellular? Either way, try Reset Network Settings.
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Also, if it's your wifi signal, reboot your modem/router by unplugging it for a minute, then plug it back in.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got a respring on my phone this morning but that's the only issue I've had with this update so far.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
My update to 8.1.2 is no worse than 8.1.1 in terms of stability, and it seems to be better on the memory usage (just preliminary, anecdotal observation).

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I haven't updated to 8.1.2. I'm still on 8.1.1... for a very specific reason. Since this is [hopefully the last itme] that Apple has released such a crappy update, I decided I would wait for the red notification badge showing "1" over the Settings app before I updated. I've been told elsewhere that it doesn't show up immediately, that it shows up after some time. Well, it's seven days since the update went live and I have yet to see that red badge on the Settings app. I would turn badges on for Settings app but there is no option to turn it on or off?seems like it will always be on.

Any idea why this badge isn't showing up? I Googled around and I found a large number of issues about the badge not going away (not necessarily for this particular update), but I have yet to see someone having the issue that the badge isn't showing up. I've gone into the App Store various times and into Settings > Software Update various times. I've rebooted the phone (cold boot)...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
WiFi or Cellular? Either way, try Reset Network Settings.
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Also, if it's your wifi signal, reboot your modem/router by unplugging it for a minute, then plug it back in.

Cellular. Wifi works fine. I've tried the network setting reset about 10 times as well as a wipe and start over to no avail.

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I've got 8.1.2 on both my iPhone 6 Plus and my iPad Air. Everything works as it should - continuity features, handoff, WiFi-Calling, iCloud Photo Library, etc. I haven't experienced any issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW