iOS 8.1.2 has been Released

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Ok, I'm guessing you have tried connecting to the main router (if you can) to see if your problem still exists.
The only things I can think of that I've done to solve my issues with slow wifi speeds (iOS 5&6) was to set my router (linksys wrt160n) to wireless n only and changed the wireless channel to 6.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I'm guessing you have tried connecting to the main router (if you can) to see if your problem still exists.
The only things I can think of that I've done to solve my issues with slow wifi speeds (iOS 5&6) was to set my router (linksys wrt160n) to wireless n only and changed the wireless channel to 6.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk
I'm not having any problem with the speed. It's an issue that drops the Wifi connection for a few seconds and doesn't work then at all. It doesn't even join the network as well so I'll have to turn it off and on to connect. Strange it is, I tried to connect to the main router which is in the living room and surprisingly, it works pretty fine! Works like a charm with no Wifi dropping signal or connection. Except the access point that doesn't work. Even tried changing the frequency and channel to 11 from 6. Still the same.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The update to iOS8.1.2 broke Apple Pay. The update to iOS 8.1.1 did the same thing.
The only way I could get Apple Pay to work again was to completely eraise my iP 6 and do a
full restore.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having any problem with the speed. It's an issue that drops the Wifi connection for a few seconds and doesn't work then at all. It doesn't even join the network as well so I'll have to turn it off and on to connect. Strange it is, I tried to connect to the main router which is in the living room and surprisingly, it works pretty fine! Works like a charm with no Wifi dropping signal or connection. Except the access point that doesn't work. Even tried changing the frequency and channel to 11 from 6. Still the same.

That's weird, if it worked fine before iOS 8.1 then I would say it's a bug with iOS and to send a bug report to Apple via the feedback site https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p just change the feedback type to bug report and include as much detail as you can.

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
This is the best battery life I have had on any iPhone (6 by the way). ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418360830.788765.jpgI could probably get another 30 minutes as well.

Last edited:

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The update to iOS8.1.2 broke Apple Pay. The update to iOS 8.1.1 did the same thing.
The only way I could get Apple Pay to work again was to completely eraise my iP 6 and do a
full restore.

Well Apple Pay stopped working again after I did the AT&T carrier update over the weekend. I spent an hour on the phone with 1st and 2nd level Tech Support at Apple. The one thing I didn't try was to just delete my credit card from Passbook and then re-load them. That's what Apple Tech Support suggested. That was the trick. I deleted the cards in Passbook and re-loaded them and Apple Pay worked like a champ.

I guess since the cards showed in Passbook and looked OK I felt that they weren't the problem. No need to erase the phone and restore the phone.

Last edited:

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Since updating to 8.1.2 I keep losing service. It goes to No Service constantly.

I've been having this problem for a while. My phone doesn't do it as often on 8.1.1, but it still does it. I'm holding off on 8.1.2 for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Seriously I don't think this is software mate. If it was software then it just wouldn't work instead of working some of the time.

This could all be coincidence that the problem occurred at the release of this iOS version. I've had issues in the past where everything worked fine for years then suddenly started dropping connection. Turned out someone had moved in nearby and was using the same wireless channel as me and causing interference meaning my iphone was unable to get a clear wifi signal so would struggle! I've also had a mate who had the access point setup without s static IP outside of the Dynamic IP range so would constantly drop the connection due to conflicts. Perhaps you have a new device that is causing the conflict.

Have you tried switching off every other wifi device within range and then seeing if it still drops?

Also you could assign static IP addresses to each device connecting to that AP to ensure no conflicts.

Also on your laptop or perhaps there's an iOS app but run a prog/app that shows which wireless channel the routers within range are running to see how many are showing up. Remember to make sure you are a min of 2 channels away from the others for best results as wifi channels overlap.

Obviously make sure your AP has a static IP assigned to it from your main router and that the IP isn't within your main routers dynamic range. I'd also forget the main router from your iOS devices so that it doesn't keep trying to swap and connect to the main router if you're nearer!

People suggest disabling the 5ghz network but I'd not do this as the iPhone's now use both and by connecting to the 5ghz network you're then able to connect on a much larger number of channels with means much less interference.

Also if you're using the 5ghz on your iOS devices I'd ensure you've forgotten the 2.4ghz network if you've also connected to that in the past so that it doesn't try and swap between the two.

Let us know how you get on!

Snipperdo17

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with push email for yahoo or hotmail accounts? I've deleted, rebooted, re added, everything in the book to get my push email back but nothing. I've done a Google search and it seems others have the issue too. problem coincided with the os release. Same issue on my iPad air 2.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue with push when I'm on wifi. I think that is the issue for most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snipperdo17

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue with push when I'm on wifi. I think that is the issue for most.

Just when you're using wifi or when wifi is on and not connected also? I don't get any emails pushed any time, whether I'm connected to wifi or not

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
It seems any time its on. I'm on wifi at work and home so right now it's my work phone so I just keep the wifi off and it's fine.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't notice any Push difference with 8.1.2. I use Gmail mostly and Google already screwed Push up for that. So it's Fetch now.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2