What's your reminder/to-do app of choice?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks

I'm hoping you guys can help me decide. There are just so many options! I have been looking to decide on a to-do/reminder app to use on my 5s and Mac but I can't make up my mind. I have tried Evernote, Things, Todoist (trying it now), and many more. I want something that's free, syncs seamlessly between my Mac and iPhone and most importantly, it should have a iOS widget so I can easily check off or add tasks from my notification bar.

So, what are you guys using (besides Apple's reminder app - I've been using that all this time but I want something flashy now!). Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I used Reminders for a long time but always thought it need a lot or work on Apple's part.
I started using Things on my iPhone and iPad when it was offered free a few weeks ago.
Great app and just what I was looking for.
Syncs seamlessly and has a great UI.
I am not using it on my MacBook Air.
Have a look.
Good Luck

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Wunderlist. It's free, syncs seamlessly with almost every OS on the planet, and works amazingly on iOS. It's an elegant app and the functionality is far above anything else. Give it a go.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your thoughts lads. I have been using the stock version as well but I'm beginning to feel it could do with a little bit of polish in terms of functionality and looks. Kind of feels a bit dated. I think I'll keep Evernote to take down notes on my Mac. I really liked Things but the fact that it doesn't have widget to add/view tasks in iOS makes it less attractive for me. I am liking 2do so far. Will also give Wunderlist a go.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Any.Do is my preferred. Sometimes for convenience I use Siri to set a reminder and Siri uses the Apple stock reminders app.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I wish there was a trial version for 2Do. It looks interesting. In the midst of so many options I fear I am slowly gravitating towards the stock reminder app :tongue:

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
2do. I love it. I have used it for a Long time on my idevices and my Mac

Small nitpick about it, they way you add time to reminders it's so easy not to touch the right spot on that dial, they could have just used the same method as everyone else, also that component doesn't match, everything else is hi tech and polished and then they have a dial to set the time

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So I just discovered todoist I think I found my perfect app I'm loving it!!! Although you do have to pay for the premium features to get the most use out of the app

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
After trying various options I have ultimately returned to the stock reminders app. Simple and functional. I really liked todoist but the premium feature turned me off.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Stock calendar alarm and reminder. All work great together and Siri is magical at adding entries into them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR