iOS 8.1.1 released

iStealth

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Anyone still having issues with Wifi?

8.1.1 fixed the WiFi issues on my 5S that 8.1 broke. On 8.1 everything loaded through WiFi would take an extra 2-5~ seconds to load, every webpage, every high score page on Quiz Up. Every Reddit page in Alien Blue. It was horrible, now it's back to being normal. 8.1.1 didn't fix any other bug though, like the App Store badge saying I have 1 update when I do not, and it will never go away.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
8.1.1 fixed the WiFi issues on my 5S that 8.1 broke. On 8.1 everything loaded through WiFi would take an extra 2-5~ seconds to load, every webpage, every high score page on Quiz Up. Every Reddit page in Alien Blue. It was horrible, now it's back to being normal. 8.1.1 didn't fix any other bug though, like the App Store badge saying I have 1 update when I do not, and it will never go away.

Personally I'd just delete and reinstall every app one by one until the badge goes away and if it happens again it's likely the same app. It's not that time consuming anymore and apps reinstall into the same folder location of you remove them from settings>general>usage>device storage

iStealth

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Personally I'd just delete and reinstall every app one by one until the badge goes away and if it happens again it's likely the same app. It's not that time consuming anymore and apps reinstall into the same folder location of you remove them from settings>general>usage>device storage

It's not the apps. It's an iOS 8 bug. I update all my apps through iTunes. If I ever accidentally check the app store on my phone to see what updates there are, the badge will not go away until I update an app through my phone. If for instance Quiz Up has an update and I go to the app store and see that Quiz Up has an update, and then update it by downloading it on iTunes and updating through iTunes when I go into the app store>Updates it will say for a split second [update] on Quiz Up before switching to [open], and it will never go away until there is an update for another app on my phone and I update it through my phone.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I occasionally have something similar but it's been happening for a couple of years now. Occasionally I get an update and I update it but it remains as a possible update. In the past when this has happened I've just kept tapping update a few times until it updates properly and the update goes away.

As I said this only happens now and then and certainty not all the time. If this is happening to every update you attempt OTA then there's a serious issue here. I'm not sure it's an iOS bug like you say because if it was then everyone would constantly be unable to update via the App Store on the device!

iStealth

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I occasionally have something similar but it's been happening for a couple of years now. Occasionally I get an update and I update it but it remains as a possible update. In the past when this has happened I've just kept tapping update a few times until it updates properly and the update goes away.

As I said this only happens now and then and certainty not all the time. If this is happening to every update you attempt OTA then there's a serious issue here. I'm not sure it's an iOS bug like you say because if it was then everyone would constantly be unable to update via the App Store on the device!

Apparently I need 10 posts to post a link (LOL), but if you do a Google search for 'ios 8 app badge number won't go away' and click the first link you can see the bug has been happening for a few months now (at least) and has not been addressed.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting sick of the notification alert tones not always sounding! Sometimes my phone is unlocked on the coffee table and I will see it light up and the iMessage banner displayed and the notification badge but no sound! If I wasn't looking at it right at that time id have never known and assumed I missed the tone. This happens all the time and even when taking pictures the shutter sound doesn't always play!

Anyone else getting this?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting sick of the notification alert tones not always sounding! Sometimes my phone is unlocked on the coffee table and I will see it light up and the iMessage banner displayed and the notification badge but no sound! If I wasn't looking at it right at that time id have never known and assumed I missed the tone. This happens all the time and even when taking pictures the shutter sound doesn't always play!

Anyone else getting this?

I do, but on a rare occasion. Sometimes the text, reminders or email alert won't sound.

But the one that really bugs me is the camera shutter. That one seems to happen with just the first pic I take, and then pics taken right after with "shutter"

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I do, but on a rare occasion. Sometimes the text, reminders or email alert won't sound.

But the one that really bugs me is the camera shutter. That one seems to happen with just the first pic I take, and then pics taken right after with "shutter"

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Yes that's exactly the same with mine also. It's annoying as sometimes I think the photo wasn't taken as I rely on the sound to tell me it's taken.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have never received an audible alert in notifications (only displays appear) for the following in iOS 7 or 8:
Slice
Bloomberg
WSJ..com
Invest.com
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73