iOS 8.1.1 released

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
No, not really. Just delete a bunch of apps. They can be reinstalled after the update. Even any paid apps can be reinstalled. I had to do it when I updated to iOS 8. Look in her settings and see which apps take the most space, then delete them. She got Facebook? It's probably gotten big. It grows. Delete it. It can be reinstalled. Go to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage. Go down the list of apps and tap on them and delete.

O.K. I'll let her decide which ones to delete.:p

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
The best thing to do is to sync with iTunes first and ensure apps are syncing. Personally I do the following. Without my iphone plugged in I open iTunes on my computer and then delete all the apps and choose to send them to the recycle bin so they're physically deleted. THEN plug your iPhone in and choose file>device and transfer purchases from device. This copies all your installed apps to your iTunes. I then take screen grabs of each home screen and copy the image to my desktop. Then if you need to once you setup as a new iphone or delete various apps you can put them all back again by syncing with iTunes or drag and drop the ones you want and this is the easiest and quickest way to get your apps back again. The images of your home screen is just for reference so you can arrange them the same way and use the same folder names.

If I setup as a new device I use this method and it's really quick. The longest part it rearranging all the apps into the original folders!

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I used Apple Pay several times before iOS 8.1.1 was released. Yesterday and today I tried to use it at 2 stores I have used Apple Pay before but no luck. I did a hard reset yesterday. The only thing I can think off is when I'm ready to pay I'm hitting pay by credit card on the checkout computer at the store. I don't remember if I did that before though.

Anyone else having problems Apple Pay after updating to iOS 8.1.1? I know I had to reload my credit cards after the update and the cards were verified with no problems.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well I erased and restored my iP6 and reloaded my cards on Apple Pay. Will see tomorrow if that helped.

EDIT 1: Well after everything I did above I used Apply Pay at a local Subway. It worked great so I hope that problem is solved.

Last edited:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I used Apple Pay several times before iOS 8.1.1 was released. Yesterday and today I tried to use it at 2 stores I have used Apple Pay before but no luck. I did a hard reset yesterday. The only thing I can think off is when I'm ready to pay I'm hitting pay by credit card on the checkout computer at the store. I don't remember if I did that before though.

Anyone else having problems Apple Pay after updating to iOS 8.1.1? I know I had to reload my credit cards after the update and the cards were verified with no problems.

Yes - my card disappeared from  pay... Had to reload it. I only realized it after trying to use it a couple times and it wasn't working. Finally went in passbook and noticed no more credit showing in passbook. Had to re-add it.

Hopefully this doesn't happen every time there's an iOS update.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is this update substantial enjoy enough for a 5s that it's worth moving to it? Now that there is a jailbreak for 8.1.1 I'm considering it. Opinions?

I haven't noticed a difference with my 5S between 8.1 & 8.1.1 expect for the ipsw download size

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
When I installed it gave me almost 700 MB back on my iPad mini 16 GB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same for me as well, in my iPad Air prior to the update I had 2.1gb avail, and after 8.1.1 I now have 3gb avail.

I also gained some back on my 5S but I don't recall exactly how much, but it also was a decent amount. I do see an improvement with wifi too. I didn't have any major wifi issues, on 8.1 but it would drop out every so often....now with 8.1.1 I have a stronger connection and *knock wood* that hasn't happened since.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, so it can't hurt to update since there is a jailbreak anyways. I just always do a full restore, set up as new, then jailbreak before putting my stuff back on.

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Only after bring up control center my wifi will slow

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

For me, Wifi on all other routers seems to be working fine except one. Just one Wifi and that is the one in my room. Any idea?