iOS 8.1.1 released

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Haha yeah I worked that out also but what's annoying is if you've already added a comment and then tap to add a photo it's not very helpful to just discard your type text when you choose send photo. I either want it to commit my already typed text with the photo or as it says just send the photo and leave the text as is so I can continue!

It's just annoying that it doesn't warn you that you will lose your typed text

I just scroll back up the message box if I add a photo after I typed something.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I feel you. The best thing to do is send feedback to Apple that this feature is counter intuitive.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I just scroll back up the message box if I add a photo after I typed something.

The problem is if you choose send photo you loose at imputed text that hadn't been sent. The only way you don't lose it is if you choose the add comment option then any text you've previously entered still remains with the picture attached. I'd expect pressing the send photo option would send the photo but keep your typed text allowing you to either send it there and then or continue typing.

This isn't really a problem it's more of an annoyance if you catch my drift. I often type a message to a friend about something and after a big long message I decide to google a photo of it to attach to the message and in doing so I keep losing all my typed text and all they get is a photo haha. I have to then quickly retype it all to explain the photo. That's unless I remember to tap add comment to keep any text previously entered.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416335751.275935.jpg I wonder why does mine say this. Is it because I use iCloud Photo Library.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The problem is if you choose send photo you loose at imputed text that hadn't been sent. The only way you don't lose it is if you choose the add comment option then any text you've previously entered still remains with the picture attached. I'd expect pressing the send photo option would send the photo but keep your typed text allowing you to either send it there and then or continue typing.

This isn't really a problem it's more of an annoyance if you catch my drift. I often type a message to a friend about something and after a big long message I decide to google a photo of it to attach to the message and in doing so I keep losing all my typed text and all they get is a photo haha. I have to then quickly retype it all to explain the photo. That's unless I remember to tap add comment to keep any text previously entered.

I do find it annoying too but at times the send photo is also helpful to me... I think Apple should add an option or something.

scottMan1

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded our 6's. iPad mini one, and iPod fifth-generations. The older devices do seem zippier here. I hope Apple continues to Allow older devices instead of blocking the iOS updates. Some people especially kids with iPods cannot keep up with the hardware but still want the apps. My d friend has an iPod 4 does what she wants but can't update past ios 6 so she can't get most apps. I understand there are some limitations but it seems like completely blocking an iOS update instead of some features of it is not going to make people happy. I hope today's trend continues.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I do find it annoying too but at times the send photo is also helpful to me... I think Apple should add an option or something.

Yeah I agree I use the send photos lots I just wish it wouldn't discard any typed text without warning! Even though I'm aware I always forget haha. I must do it twice a week!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Did a full restore on my 5s. That along with Apple new update has really got my device running as smooth as 7.1.1

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The freezing up issues in my messages app as well as in Safari seem to be fixed on my iP 5. No freeze up problems since last night when I updated. Battery life per charge seems better. It's not draining down as fast. I haven't noticed anything else. But those were my main and only concerns anyway. SwiftKey is working great. It was a good update for my 5.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
IVE FINALLY SOLVED IT!!!

What you're not told is this

Handoff must be turned on for both devices.

Bluetooth must be on for both devices.

The most important thing they don't tell you is the device your wish to handoff from MUST have the email or message you want to continue with open on the screen! As soon as you minimise the app to the background handoff doesn't recognise! It only recognises IF you leave the original OPEN on the first device!

Finally working!!! Cannot believe it was something so silly! No wonder people think it's flaky as its only recognising when they leave the app open onscreen! This should really be highlighted by Apple under the handoff toggle button!

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really noticed anything new with 8.1.1 on my iphone 6 but my battery life is better. It wasn't terrible before but it is noticeably better.

ace2a35fddd06ac75a43e94b5063e410.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the forwarding option in iMessage (Messages app) is either gone or moved. I could not find it. When I press a bubble or photo, then tap "More", all I get is the option to delete. The forward arrow in the bottom right is gone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal