iOS 8.1.1 released

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
On 3G i hardly have 4 hours consecutive usage. On 2G i spend 6-7 hrs max. When i completely switch off data i can stay with it for at least 12 hrs.

I'm using iphone 5

It was suggested to me by iMore faithfuls, to let my battery drain to 0% and allow the iPhone to turn off automactically due to battery drainage and charge back to a full 100% without touching it (I know, hard to do...smile). When I did this a couple of times (twice), my battery life got MUCH better.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It was suggested to me by iMore faithfuls, to let my battery drain to 0% and allow the iPhone to turn off automactically due to battery drainage and charge back to a full 100% without touching it (I know, hard to do...smile). When I did this a couple of times (twice), my battery life got MUCH better.

I believe in this theory as well. In addition to doing this monthly, also whenever there is an iOS update I do this too.

So from my update yesterday on my 5S I ran it down till it shut off and now it's charging undisturbed till it reaches 100%

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Peterpetram

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

Thanks alot for your wonderful contribution. I will try this principle this week. And i will come with a feedback.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Really annoying bug in iOS 8 is if you type a message out within the messages app then decide you want to send a photo from your camera roll with the message you tap the camera icon on the left of the message box and the pop up shows you thumbnails of recent camera roll images so you tap the one you want and it puts a tick in to show its selected and you then tap send now and it's sends the image but loses all the text you'd typed out previously before tapping the camera icon!!

So annoying if you've typed out a big long message and just want to add a photo to go with the message and all the recipient gets is the photo until you can quickly then type out the long message again!!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Really annoying bug in iOS 8 is if you type a message out within the messages app then decide you want to send a photo from your camera roll with the message you tap the camera icon on the left of the message box and the pop up shows you thumbnails of recent camera roll images so you tap the one you want and it puts a tick in to show its selected and you then tap send now and it's sends the image but loses all the text you'd typed out previously before tapping the camera icon!!

So annoying if you've typed out a big long message and just want to add a photo to go with the message and all the recipient gets is the photo until you can quickly then type out the long message again!!

Just checked this theory, and It worked on my 5s.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416319346.652101.jpg
Running iOS 8.1.1

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Its been that way for me since iOS 8 came out

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I only updated my iPad Air 1 so far and there are no issues at all with it at this point. It does seem to be running smoother than the last update.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I believe in this theory as well. In addition to doing this monthly, also whenever there is an iOS update I do this too.

So from my update yesterday on my 5S I ran it down till it shut off and now it's charging undisturbed till it reaches 100%

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Looks as if I'm going to be playing with my 5c a lot today. I'd like to keep it in prime shape, even if it's not my daily driver.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Just checked this theory, and It worked on my 5s.
View attachment 71683
Running iOS 8.1.1

That's odd as mine fails every time. Just to confirm this only happens if you start to type a message and before hitting send you tap the camera icon on the left of the message box and then tap the image thumbnail then send photo rather than choosing photo library or take photo. You have to tap the image thumbnail that displays as your most recent image and it puts a tick on the image then gives you the option to send photo and when you do it cancels all the text you've typed.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
If you tap add comment instead of send photo it doesn't delete the text. The send photo option just immediately sends the image and ignores any un committed text you've already typed. I'd assume that the send photo option would send the photo but keep the unsent text in the message field for you to continue not completely discard it without warning.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That's odd as mine fails every time. Just to confirm this only happens if you start to type a message and before hitting send you tap the camera icon on the left of the message box and then tap the image thumbnail then send photo rather than choosing photo library or take photo. You have to tap the image thumbnail that displays as your most recent image and it puts a tick on the image then gives you the option to send photo and when you do it cancels all the text you've typed.

I type a message, hit the camera icon, choose a photo from the lineup and press send. Both the message and photo send at the same time. I do not have to retype the message. I experimented a couple of times and it worked every time. I'm using a Verizon 5s on iOS 8.1.1

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I mean this. Type out a message then tap the photo icon and as per my image just tap the image in the thumbnails at the top then send photo and it discards any open unsent text you may have entered already

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416325939.587508.jpg

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Haha yeah I worked that out also but what's annoying is if you've already added a comment and then tap to add a photo it's not very helpful to just discard your type text when you choose send photo. I either want it to commit my already typed text with the photo or as it says just send the photo and leave the text as is so I can continue!

It's just annoying that it doesn't warn you that you will lose your typed text

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh