Delete Local IPSW File, But File Cannot Be Found
I have done this several times before, but this time it's giving me a headache. I want to download a FRESH ipsw file through iTunes, but when I plug my 5s, it only wants to "extract" the software. So I went to C:/Users/your username/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates (nothing there). Because nothing is there, I cannot delete anything and therefore cannot trigger iTunes to fetch a new file. I even removed iTunes completely, as with all corresponding folders/files, still won't fetch that file. Anyone have any foresight on this?
- 11-13-2014, 11:22 AM #2
Re: Delete Local IPSW File, But File Cannot Be Found
download the ipsw from an alternative source...then use iTunes and then hit the shift key(Windows)/ALT key(OSX) while clicking "Restore" in iTunes, and that will allow you to select the alternatively downloaded ipsw and restore the device.
- By Jacob Moore3 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2014, 07:48 PM
- By Vince9910 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2014, 07:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-13-2014, 08:28 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-13-2014, 07:19 AM
- By KAY ATCHISON in forum iPhone 3GS ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 11-12-2014, 11:40 PM