iOS Malware Breach Found. :(

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I need to rant here....just a little:p

I find it outright disgusting that people go to such great measures to harm and steal from other people to make a gain for themselves. It's very unfortunate our world has come to this, whether it's real life or on the internet.

As for this exploit, unfortunately someone who doesn't know will fall to being a victim

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
This is not a bug, it really is a feature. This type of install is how developers install and test their software, and it's always been there like that. I have participated in one or two iOS app betas in the past and this is how it worked.

In the article I read, which for some reason I cannot find now (I think it was on Naked Security), it states that this kind of attack is ineffective as a large-scale attack as to do that, it would require an install via the App Store and Apple keeps that locked down tight that such a forgery would be stopped before it started. As such, this kind of thing is really only useful for targeted attacks against specific people.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I need to rant here....just a little:p

I find it outright disgusting that people go to such great measures to harm and steal from other people to make a gain for themselves. It's very unfortunate our world has come to this, whether it's real life or on the internet.

As for this exploit, unfortunately someone who doesn't know will fall to being a victim

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

I agree completely. After the devastation some of my customers faced with that Home Depot breach, I just really hate dishonest methods of financial gain. My mother stole my identity when I was 18 and I had so many years of hardship. It took 10 years to fix it and my credit score is still really low!

It's disgusting that people prefer to take the easy route for a quick buck. Stop taking advantage of other people and get a legitimate job. Just the thought of some sweet naive person getting their whole life turned upside down by some malicious creep... Ooh it makes me seething .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73