- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Curious about data use on settings app.
In iOS when you go to Settings > Cellular there is the section titled "USE CELLULAR DATA FOR:" where you can turn off and on data use for apps on the phone. On that list of apps there is the "Settings" app. I'm curious to know what the settings app is using data for and what this data consists of.
- 11-09-2014, 12:41 PM #2iMore Genius
- 6,421 Posts
Re: Curious about data use on settings app.
I believe that cellular data could be used for iCloud in the settings app.
Let's say you add a contact on your iPad to iCloud and it is supposed to sync onto your iPhone. It won't sync if the iPhone isn't on WiFi since you have the cellular data on the settings app disabled.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2014, 12:17 PM
- By Gino Guillermo in forum iPad Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 11-10-2014, 04:47 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-09-2014, 09:41 AM
- By melmurphy in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-09-2014, 06:57 AM
- By dqhario in forum iPhone 6Replies: 2Last Post: 11-09-2014, 03:34 AM