Time zone changes on its own IPhone 6 and iPhone 5s/IOS 8.1

dcdoes

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
This happened last night and again a few minutes ago. My timezone changed on its own. It went from New York to ETC +4. I have Set Automatically turned on since I travel across timezones.

My son has an iPhone 5s with the same issue last night. My daughter has a 5s and is having no issues. My wife is having no issues with her iPhone 5, but she has not upgraded from 7 yet.

I turn off Set Automatically and it switches to New York. I then turn it back on and it stays.

I have not rebooted/reset/reloaded my iPhone yet. It may be next on my list.

Anyone else have this issue?

My wife was not happy when I got us up this morning an hour early.

Thanks in advance!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not noticed the issue with my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1, but I haven't travelled outside of my time zone in ages...:) Is the region correctly set on the Phone's settings?

dcdoes

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I should clarify - I do travel out of my timezone, but I haven't had to in recent weeks. In fact, I have not left the Atlanta area since I bought the 6.

Yes, everything looks like it is correct.

I wondering if there isn't some sort of a glitch in a local cell tower that may be feeding my phone an incorrect time zone. Other than my sons 5s, I have not heard of anyone else with the issue.

Just scratching my head

petrosil

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I are having the same issue; we both have the 6+. It is very annoying, especially when you consider that we're using them for our alarm clocks also. When it is messing up it goes from Central time to Eastern.

It seems to be very sporadic but still I no longer trust it and I've turned off the automatic setting. We're on Sprint and I'm thinking it may be an issue with them. Also, we have very poor reception inside the house so they sent us one of those "personal cell towers" that hooks up to the computer. Possible that it is related to that? I don't know.

Anyway, I think the problem is probably related to my carrier so for now I'll leave it set to manual and maybe turn it back on when I'm traveling.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like an issue with the cell tower that you are connecting to. The option to set the time automatically means that it pulls the "current" time from the cell tower to which you are connected at any given time. It’s very possible that there is an issue with that (or some) cell tower(s).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner