Medical ID on Lockscreen?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there any option to display your Health App Medical ID on your Lockscreen? I'm sure there isn't but just wondered why they never made this an option. We have all types of links and data stored in it like allergies and medical conditions along with medication we take and more importantly our emergency contacts and if this was accessible from the Lockscreen it would make perfect sense in an actual emergency for someone to get your phone and be able to know all of this without you needing to tell them. It seems like nothing more than a saved note from the note app really.

I hope they make this an option and have an accessible link on the Lockscreen much like the camera icon at present. You could allow calls to your emergency contacts without needing your Touch ID or pin as well. Then if your iPhone is stolen they can't call anyone other than your emergency contacts which is pointless for a thief and also if your iphone is lost then someone can call one of your emergency contacts to hand the phone over if they're decent people! There's no real risk of data protection as all you really store is your medication and medical history which isn't of use to anyone else really.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there any option to display your Health App Medical ID on your Lockscreen? I'm sure there isn't but just wondered why they never made this an option. We have all types of links and data stored in it like allergies and medical conditions along with medication we take and more importantly our emergency contacts and if this was accessible from the Lockscreen it would make perfect sense in an actual emergency for someone to get your phone and be able to know all of this without you needing to tell them. It seems like nothing more than a saved note from the note app really.

I hope they make this an option and have an accessible link on the Lockscreen much like the camera icon at present. You could allow calls to your emergency contacts without needing your Touch ID or pin as well. Then if your iPhone is stolen they can't call anyone other than your emergency contacts which is pointless for a thief and also if your iphone is lost then someone can call one of your emergency contacts to hand the phone over if they're decent people! There's no real risk of data protection as all you really store is your medication and medical history which isn't of use to anyone else really.

The HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) laws may play a part on what is and is not protected, at least in the US.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I think first responders will start to learn that the info is there, but as a safe guard I also have my ICE contact name and number on my lock screen wallpaper

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414853835.208818.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal