iOS 8.1 Incoming Call Crashes
Has anyone experienced anything like this?
I had a call earlier and my iPhone 6 was locked, I swiped to answer and something weird happened. The screen changed to show just the END CALL button and nothing else except the caller name and photo. The call continued to ring after I'd swiped to answer and even pressing the end call button when it happened didn't do anything. I even tried the home button and sleep/wake and all that did was divert the call to voicemail but onscreen it was still frozen with the end call button displaying. Even the home button did nothing. It eventually responded and I did a hard reboot to be safe.
I've had an iPhone since 2007 and never once had a problem where the device was unresponsive for longer than a split second.
Has anyone else had an issue like this when answering a call? I rarely get phonecalls nowadays as we are in the message generation so it's hard to try out.
- 10-27-2014, 08:54 AM #2
Re: iOS 8.1 Incoming Call Crashes
That IS an odd problem. Sounds like the phone THOUGHT the call connected but it did not. Probably a glitch. If it happened once I would not worry about it, if it KEEPS happening then I would have cause for alarm. I have seen the occasional strangeness like this on my BB and Android devices also. I think it's the relative to the dropped call. Unless it's happening a LOT I would not worry about it. I think it's more a function of your carrier and your signal than your phone and OS.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-13-2015, 08:54 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 9Last Post: 01-24-2015, 11:48 AM
- By Rolandh in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 3Last Post: 10-25-2014, 07:59 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-24-2014, 12:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-24-2014, 10:54 AM