Am I deleting my photo stream when I'm cleaning off my camera roll? 😳

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little suspicious as I'm trying to make space for 8.1 that I am! I got G+ thankfully. I'm a bit confused.
Your "my photo stream" deletes photos after 30 days anyway. But I don't think deleting from the camera roll affects the stream. You might make sure you save the photos wherever you're streaming them to. Then delete them from the photo stream. Photos in the photo stream take space on your phone's storage. So if you're making room for whatever, delete the stream too. Just save the photos first. Where are you streaming the photos to?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think I got all that! Really? The photo stream deletes after 30 days!!! Dang! I'm glad I got another place for them to go! Well I got a Dropbox but it's full so I got a G+ based on a rec from a tech segment. So I need to delete the camera roll *and* the stream.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Just create an iCloud Photo Album & stick your Camera Roll on there. I only keep a few pictures on my phone as well as in some Shared iCloud Albums, the rest usually go in none shared iCloud Albums & get deleted from my phone once there uploaded to iCloud and have been backed up on G+.

Roland

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh how simple lol! The rest usually go where now? Another G+ user. I heard Clayton Morris talk about it and I got on. I don't even use the social, I do fb & Twitter. Didn't seem to take off with my friends. I tried when it first came out. Actually hardly any are on Twitter either! I heard that photos is gonna go standalone. So just having them in G+ I could just clean off my camera roll or since I hadn't update yet I guess it's my photo library?

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh how simple lol! The rest usually go where now? Another G+ user. I heard Clayton Morris talk about it and I got on. I don't even use the social, I do fb & Twitter. Didn't seem to take off with my friends. I tried when it first came out. Actually hardly any are on Twitter either! I heard that photos is gonna go standalone. So just having them in G+ I could just clean off my camera roll or since I hadn't update yet I guess it's my photo library?

I mainly use G+ for the social, but allow photos to be backed up to
G+ to allow me to access them on my Chromebook.

I use iCloud photo sharing to store all my none essential photos since you can make Albums as required and you don't have to share the Albums if you don't want meaning they're always backed up & available after having to do a setup as new e.t.c.

Roland

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
That's not right BC I have stuff from more than 30 days even a year!

You probably haven't set up your phone as new in that long either. Thoss photos in your photo stream that are more than 30 days old are saved to your phone storage. If you turn the photo stream off for a few minutes and turn it back on you'll see those photos gone.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
You probably haven't set up your phone as new in that long either. Thoss photos in your photo stream that are more than 30 days old are saved to your phone storage. If you turn the photo stream off for a few minutes and turn it back on you'll see those photos gone.

I've got photos on my iPod's photo stream dating back to the 17th of July, and I've only had my iPod since the 24th of this month, which was setup as new when I got it & updated to 8.1 & I've only taken about 2 photos with my iPod.

If old photos don't exist in the Photo stream when the device has been setup as new how have I still got them, or is it something to do with the fact that I'm using iCloud Photo Library (Beta)?

Roland

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've got photos on my iPod's photo stream dating back to the 17th of July, and I've only had my iPod since the 24th of this month, which was setup as new when I got it & updated to 8.1 & I've only taken about 2 photos with my iPod.

If old photos don't exist in the Photo stream when the device has been setup as new how have I still got them, or is it something to do with the fact that I'm using iCloud Photo Library (Beta)?

Roland

If you're using the iCloud Photo Library then that's why they're all there. There isn't a limit to the time photos can be stored.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2