Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

87 Posts

Default Contacts not syncing with iCloud

Since moving to the iOS 8 betas (and now 8.1) I noticed some of my contacts weren't syncing across my devices. I checked my settings and the default account for contacts had reverted back to 'on device'. I changed this back to iCloud and hoped that any contacts that had previously been added would now sync. They didn't. So I manually entered the missing contacts on to my Mac - as this was storing to iCloud, it started causing duplicates on my iPhone (the locally stored contact and now the iCloud one). And seeing as the info within the contact itself doesn't tell you where it's stored, I've just had to merge the dups.

I decided to sign out of iCloud and then back in, in the hope this may also help and get things back in sync. It didn't - it just seems to have caused more issues.

Previously I could pick the default account on the iPhone - that option is no longer there. Also, I have no Groups options in my Contacts.app, so I can't look at what's stored locally vs on iCloud - there's now just a refresh icon.

Any ideas or suggestions on where these options have now gone?!

Default Re: Contacts not syncing with iCloud

If you have multiple devices configured with iCloud, especially a Mac running Yosemite, sign out of iCloud on all of those devices, reboot them all and then sign back in to iCloud to see if that will fix the problem for you.