Battery Life on 8.1

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My battery life on 8.1 sucks! I'm on an iPhone 6. Updated to 8.1 via iTunes. The phone has been draining nonstop all day with light usage. I was off charger around 845am and am at 42% right now. I've taken a few short calls and gotten maybe 20 texts. I also took 2 pics and 2 videos less than 10 seconds in length. Oh an dresponded to a few emails. That's it.

Usually by this time of day, I'm between 60-70% battery remaining. Not sure what the heck happened with 8.1 but I'm not thrilled. I'm going to let this thing drain tonight to recalibrate and see what happens, but am curious about others' experiences on 8.1.

Oh, also, when I go look at usage info, it is showing blanks for usage information since last charge. Boo!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine is the same, maybe slightly better,i don't know lolImageUploadedByTapatalk1413930641.323933.jpgI tend to set up add new each time a big update comes into play, I recommend you do so too

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine so far on my 6+. I downloaded via iTunes and restored:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413930944.756261.jpg

I also recommend reinstalling the OS via iTunes. I've been really busy so phone use has been minimal. I can't really say if it is better or not as I've never had this minimal usage in iOS 8.0.2

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 5S, upgraded from GA iOS 8 yesterday OTA to 8.1 showed shocking battery life yesterday. It was very warm to the touch and battery usage showed nothing out of the ordinary. Battery lost 20% in approx. 10 minutes and was flat the next time I looked.

For me, resetting network settings cleared the issue immediately.

** Unconfirmed/Speculative information follows ** I'm wondering if the issue for me was iTunes WIFI sync going haywire, I noticed that 8.1 brings this capability back for me (couldn't get it working on iOS 8 with iTunes 11). Rest of network settings clears any iTunes WIFI connection information, have just now tuned it back on and will report if things get worse again.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually I had no issues with mine TIL 8.1, I just shut down my phone, let it sit off for like a half hour, and restarted it, and I gained almost 10% of my battery percentage back? It was weird. I checked all my settings, I can't find anything turned on that's not normally on.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what's wrong with mine but I'm trying to drain the battery all the way down to see if it's better from there.

Lugerlicious

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
My battery life was draining super quick and all I was doing was surfing safari. And the area around the NFC chip got very warm. I suspect it's related to activation of the chip and bugs related to the update.
Apple needs to test software more before they release it!
I reverted back to 8.0.2 and the issue disappeared.
I'm sticking with it till apple can get it right.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My battery life was draining super quick and all I was doing was surfing safari. And the area around the NFC chip got very warm. I suspect it's related to activation of the chip and bugs related to the update.
Apple needs to test software more before they release it!
I reverted back to 8.0.2 and the issue disappeared.
I'm sticking with it till apple can get it right.

How'd you revert back?

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My battery drained to empty tonight. It's currently charging up. Hopefully, tomorrow is better.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
My plus had been better!!! But I also set up as new this past weekend. I updated ota.

No music listening:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413949704.064265.jpg

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
iMoreAppImg_20141022_000105.jpg

I was on the phone for over an hour with this one... Gonna charge fully tonight and see what happens tonorrow.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
My battery life was noticeably worse on my iPhone 6. I restored this evening and am hoping it will be better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk