continuity ios 8.1 text messages

Gobrown75

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Am I misunderstanding iOS 8.1 continuity text messages? I don't have a Mac; just an iPhone 6 and iPad. I tried to send a text message (iMessages work fine) from my iPad and it doesn't work. I thought iOS 8.1 was supposed to allow us to send text messages to non iOS devices?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Am I misunderstanding iOS 8.1 continuity text messages? I don't have a Mac; just an iPhone 6 and iPad. I tried to send a text message (iMessages work fine) from my iPad and it doesn't work. I thought iOS 8.1 was supposed to allow us to send text messages to non iOS devices?

Have you gone through the configuration steps to set it up?

To enable "Text Message Forwarding", both (all) devices must be signed into the same iCloud account and connected to the same WiFi network. You set the SMS Message Forwarding from your iPhone:

1. Make sure both (all) devices are signed into the same iCloud account
2. Make sure both (all) devices are on the same WiFi network
3. Make sure both (all) devices have the iCloud account checked (active) in the Send & Receive setting
4. Go to Settings > Messages
5. Tap Text Message Forwarding
6. Turn on forwarding for the computers/tablets that you want to use
7. Each computer/tablet will get a popup with a 6 digit code
8. Enter that code on your iPhone to activate the Text Message Forwarding on that computer/tablet

Gobrown75

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I followed your instructions and it's working now!!

Have you gone through the configuration steps to set it up?

To enable "Text Message Forwarding", both (all) devices must be signed into the same iCloud account and connected to the same WiFi network. You set the SMS Message Forwarding from your iPhone:

1. Make sure both (all) devices are signed into the same iCloud account
2. Make sure both (all) devices are on the same WiFi network
3. Make sure both (all) devices have the iCloud account checked (active) in the Send & Receive setting
4. Go to Settings > Messages
5. Tap Text Message Forwarding
6. Turn on forwarding for the computers/tablets that you want to use
7. Each computer/tablet will get a popup with a 6 digit code
8. Enter that code on your iPhone to activate the Text Message Forwarding on that computer/tablet

acejunker

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Not receiving the pop up with the code. On same WiFi and iCloud account. Is it mandatory to have a iCloud account or any account will do??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not receiving the pop up with the code. On same WiFi and iCloud account. Is it mandatory to have a iCloud account or any account will do??
Are you thinking email account? That's different. You can use any email address for the iCloud account log in. But all devices have to use the same iCloud account regardless of the email ID.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR