Family Sharing Issue

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
When both my wife & I upgraded to iOS 8 I setup family Sharing & my wife download Angry Birds Go! via Family Sharing, she then deleted Angry Birds Go! and we stopped Family Sharing.

My wife tried downloading Angry Birds Go! Today and she is now blocked from downloading it using her own Apple ID, due to previously downloading it via Family Sharing.

Is this a bug that has been introduced with the iOS 8.1 update or is it a feature of Family Sharing designed to lock you into Family Sharing once setup?

Roland

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Did she download it from your account via Family Sharing? If so, it was your copy, when she deleted it and then left Family Sharing her access to it was removed. It's not a bug, that's how it works. If you read the terms of Family Sharing it states very clearly that anything you've downloaded from another's account will be removed if you leave the Family Share group. The only other way for her to access your media is for her to share your Apple ID or log on as you.

I'm curious as to why she left Family Sharing? I would not do this too many times if she will want to keep that option open. I believe if you do it twice it will lock her out of joining the group for something like 360 days. Unless something has changed recently.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Did she download it from your account via Family Sharing? If so, it was your copy, when she deleted it and then left Family Sharing her access to it was removed. It's not a bug, that's how it works. If you read the terms of Family Sharing it states very clearly that anything you've downloaded from another's account will be removed if you leave the Family Share group. The only other way for her to access your media is for her to share your Apple ID or log on as you.

I'm curious as to why she left Family Sharing? I would not do this too many times if she will want to keep that option open. I believe if you do it twice it will lock her out of joining the group for something like 360 days. Unless something has changed recently.

We didn't use it other than the one App that she got from my account as we already had a shared Calendar & shared iCloud Photo Album.

She originally got it from my Apple ID. So there is no way for her to get it on her own ID once it's been downloaded from my Account?

Roland

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
It's a free App, I don't know if she was searching for it or using the Purchased tab to re-download it though.

Roland

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
She just needs to search the store for the app under her own ID and get it. There would be no reason why she couldn't if it's free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711