If text message forwarding isn't working for you, try this:

STrRedWolf

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Here's what worked for me, and I'm using an iPhone 5 on a 2008 iMac. Old hardware to "why did they even think about putting Yosemite here" hardware. If your iCloud account end in me.com, and you're having problems, this may help.

1. Sign out of iCloud on Messages in both the Mac and the iOS devices. You can leave the stuff on there but you gotta log out.
  2. Sign in, but with your icloud.com domain. Same username and password, just with an icloud.com domain.
  3. In iOS, I found the "Text Fowarding" to have disappeared. Go back to the Settings main page, then hit Messages again, and it will show back up.
  4. Make sure Messages on the Mac is running!
  5. Try Text Forwarding again, and give it a few minutes. It's not instant, but mine popped the code in about 2 minutes on the old 2008 iMac.
  6. Enjoy.

Dave Lumby

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
This fix worked for me ...
  1. On the iPhone go into Settings -> Messages and turn off iMessage
  2. Power-cycle the iPhone
  3. On the iPhone go back into Settings -> Messages and enable iMessage
  4. On the iPhone go into Settings->Messages -> Text Message Forwarding and select the device. The pop-up notification with the authentication code should now appear on the device :)

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Over the last couple of days, text message forwarding has turned itself off on my phone for both devices I had set up--my iPad and my MacBook Air.

I turned it back on, and today it had gone off again.

Has anyone seen this? Any fixes? Thanks.

iDummi

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
This is what I get on the iPhone but nothing pops up on iPad.

View attachment 68975

Having exact same issue. Wondering if you found a solution?
I'm using Mini3 with a 5s.
Checked phone number, email address, signed out and back in to imessage and icloud,
did the reboots, am able to get pop-up to enter code, just no code comes thru on ipad.
Is it possible that notifications are blocked on my ipad?
Please help...

Keren L

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Suddenly I can't forward or copy texts on my iphone. When I tap on the message it just gives me a row of idiotic icons and exclamation marks..where it used to say Copy or 'More'.

I have been into settings and send and receive and added an email address but don't understand where or how I can get an activation code and if that enables me to copy tests as I used to do.

Help needed.

Thank you.
Keren

Keren L

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
It doesn't give me the option to ask for an activation code. Where do I get that?
Much wanting to copy and forward texts as I used to be able to do.

TommyIII

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Make sure that Send as SMS is check on message setting on your iPhone. It wouldn't accept code from my MacBook until I checked this for some reason.

mommybetts

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problems. When I go into my message sittings on my iPhone and click for my MacBook or iPad to receive text messages, it's not giving me a code to put into my phone. This problem just started about a week ago. I'm trying to research online, but I'm not coming up with anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73