iOS 8.1 released. Feedback/Bugs Thread

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I am amazed that people still post on forums without the usage of fullstops, commas and capitalised alphabet to indicate the start of a new sentence. You should understand that, it is really difficult to comprehend what you are trying to say, without going through the sentence 2-3 times.

This is not a English class. But I do AGREE you 100%. Alng with what you write I HATE any abbreviations. Great comment you wrote. Thank you for that.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had a very weird bug..i play music 24/7 and at times it skips and when I ask siri to play a song she says I'll play the song but nothing happens....
I have to manually play the song through my music app..... It Doesn't happen all the time but it does happen now and then

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Apps not syncing regularly.
Contacts, Calendar, Notes and Reminders.
Sometimes they sync immediately and at other times they don't and I have to force the sync. (open up Calendar app and click Calendars at bottom of screen, then pull down)
Anyone else?
TIA

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have not been able to back up to iCloud.. no errors just keeps changing from 5 hours to 9 hours and eventually just dies and the last update date never changes.. I can't use iTunes to back up to iCloud anymore.. not sure why. So turned it off for now. Just backing up locally on the computer

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have not been able to back up to iCloud.. no errors just keeps changing from 5 hours to 9 hours and eventually just dies and the last update date never changes.. I can't use iTunes to back up to iCloud anymore.. not sure why. So turned it off for now. Just backing up locally on the computer
I don't understand. What does 5 hours to 9 hours have to do with backing up to iCloud? Why can't you back up to iCloud? What have you tried?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand. What does 5 hours to 9 hours have to do with backing up to iCloud? Why can't you back up to iCloud? What have you tried?

If I try to do it when connected to power OTA the time to back up jumps from 5 hour to 9 hours but never actually backs up.. just sits there saying 5 hour to 9 hours and never moving or changing even after 5-hours or 9-hours, just says 5-9 hours.

I can't force an iCloud back up via iTunes either.

I have more than enough storage on iCloud. It just stopped working after 10/21 and I don't know why.. just around 8.1

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If I try to do it when connected to power OTA the time to back up jumps from 5 hour to 9 hours but never actually backs up.. just sits there saying 5 hour to 9 hours and never moving or changing even after 5-hours or 9-hours, just says 5-9 hours.

I have more than enough storage on iCloud. It just stopped working after 10/21 and I don't know why.. just around 8.1

I've always wondered. When the phone is connected to iTunes and the iCloud backup is checkmarked, does backing up on iTunes put that on your iCloud backup?

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Cover art still doesn't show for TV shows, they're still grey all over. I thought this would have been fixed, since it only stopped showing cover art when i updated to iOS 8

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You can't back up to iCloud on your phone? I don't see any 5 hours to 9 hours anywhere. Where do you see that? Here's where I back up my phone to iCloud. It does it automatically when my phone is plugged in and asleep. Or I can tap "Back Up Now" and do it anytime. You're saying this does not work? Did you say you had done a hard reset? If not, try it.
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
I get the feeling you're talking about something different. Is this where you try to back up to iCloud?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414799914.606296.jpg