iOS 8.1 released. Feedback/Bugs Thread

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I just updated to 8.1 this morning and I think it messed up my call quality. I could barely hear my friend on the other line and when I can hear it sounds choppy. Call quality sounded perfect yesterday before the update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to 8.1 this morning and I think it messed up my call quality. I could barely hear my friend on the other line and when I can hear it sounds choppy. Call quality sounded perfect yesterday before the update.
Have you tried Reset Network Settings?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

odedo1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 5 on cricket wireless won't let me download it, and it's only 70MB. Don't know why. View attachment 68952

I'm amazed that people still upgrade over the air with WiFi don't you guys know that a lot of garbage stays from the earlier iOS not even talking about jail breaking which is a must upgrade with iTunes that alone tells you that upgrading over the air is not good, always clean restore also saves memory from that left over junk.

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I always update OTA and have never had any problems with it.

I would say "if" you are having issues after updating OTA try restoring as new with a fresh copy. That almost always takes care of the problems. I have updated OTA on many occasions with no issues but when I have had problems this always does the trick.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
because I'll choose perfection and extra memory any day over convenience.

I always update OTA when possible. (I could not going from beta to GM or release version, for example). Perfection may be hard to define, but I have ZERO issues with my iPhone and iOS.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm amazed that people still upgrade over the air with WiFi don't you guys know that a lot of garbage stays from the earlier iOS not even talking about jail breaking which is a must upgrade with iTunes that alone tells you that upgrading over the air is not good, always clean restore also saves memory from that left over junk.

I am amazed that people still post on forums without the usage of fullstops, commas and capitalised alphabet to indicate the start of a new sentence. You should understand that, it is really difficult to comprehend what you are trying to say, without going through the sentence 2-3 times.

odedo1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
you want the answer here it is, for iOS 7 to do the upgrade there is a code that can't delete itself because it got a job to do which is the upgrading so that pice of iOS 7 stays, now if you ever did jailbreak you would know that and that's the reason that every jailbreak comes with a warning telling us to do a clean restore with iTunes that most likely the jailbreak won't work on devices that have been upgraded OTA, now even if you are not one of us jailbrakers you should get the message from this and if you don't what they mean is that the leftovers from iOS 7 should not be there!!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am amazed that people still post on forums without the usage of fullstops, commas and capitalised alphabet to indicate the start of a new sentence. You should understand that, it is really difficult to comprehend what you are trying to say, without going through the sentence 2-3 times.

Sadly, the inability to comprehend some of the drivel posted here is completely unrelated to proper spelling, capitalization and punctuation. But I do get your point.

odedo1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
What sad is that everything I wrote is true and you don't like it so you start talking about spelling which got nothing to do with the subject in hand.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
you want the answer here it is, for iOS 7 to do the upgrade there is a code that can't delete itself because it got a job to do which is the upgrading so that pice of iOS 7 stays, now if you ever did jailbreak you would know that and that's the reason that every jailbreak comes with a warning telling us to do a clean restore with iTunes that most likely the jailbreak won't work on devices that have been upgraded OTA, now even if you are not one of us jailbrakers you should get the message from this and if you don't what they mean is that the leftovers from iOS 7 should not be there!!
Okay.

Now stop assuming that everyone who upgrades OTA has been jailbroken in the past.

odedo1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I assumed that many have never did, that's why I explained everything because if they did they would have known what I was talking about.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Shortcuts come and go on my iPhone 5S and iPad Air.
Today they were available on my iPhone but not my iPad Air.
Tomorrow's another day.
Good Luck

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Today, Siri decided to come on by itself. :raised-eyebrow:
Phone was not charging.
This has happened twice today.
Good Luck

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So I just noticed yesterday that this started happening with Reminders. When I get a reminder alert on the lock screen I can mark as complete or snooze it BUT if I have 2 or more reminders that I haven't addressed still on my lock screen, if I go to just one and either mark it complete or snooze it, the others that were listed disappear and I'm not able to complete or snooze them. Prior to yesterday it was working fine and nothing has changed on my device. I don't use iCloud for reminders either.

I've already tried a soft reset, my next move will be a hard reset. I'm on a 5C & I did a clean install of 8.1 thru a Mac/iTunes so I'm not going to do a restore because I don't feel it's needed - everything else is fine. When I first loaded the new update of .1 this wasn't a problem with reminders.... So I'm a little confused why this suddenly started happening.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR