iOS 8.1 released. Feedback/Bugs Thread

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
In many ways 8.1 feels like a great update but there is one thing that is bothering me. Battery life is not as good. I noticed it yesterday but thought that it could be due to checking out all the new things. I have had my 6 since launch and every night I charged it to 100%, would go to bed, and then wake up with it at 100%. I did the same thing last night and I woke up with it at 98%. The battery usage also said that somehow it was used for 8 minutes while I was asleep. I know 2% is not that big of a deal but I noticed a diminished in battery life yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I gained about 300 MB after doing the update though iTunes... But mine hasn't gone up since then.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've found battery life to be WAY better. I've said it before, I rarely find battery issues legit, but on my 4S, with iOS8, my batter life was horrible. But 8.1 has brought it back in line. It's been off charger since 6am, and it's 8:30 and I'm still on 100% with some light use. Before, I'd probably already have been around 85%...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who can't download Facebook anymore?
You mean to app? Or is it not showing in the app? If your account is not working properly in the app, go to your phone's Settings >Facebook >delete account. Then add your account back in with your email and password. Then try the app again.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Under Settings > Messages, go to the Send & Receive options. I had to enable both my phone number and email address on both devices before the Text Message Forwarding option appeared.

Thank you, I got it worked out this morning. I had to turn on iMessage to get both prompts. I was under the impression they were separate things but I guess not. Won't be able to test it out until much later today when my sister wakes up since she's the only person I know that doesn't have an iPhone, lol.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone still having WiFi issues? My iPhone 6 is working fine however my partners iPhone 5s keeps dropping WiFi she never seems to be able to get the same connection as me, even when in the same room.

I have tried resetting the network settings, and this works for a bit.

We started having this issue night before last. Started working again and then about mid day yesterday we could not get any WiFi connection at all on any iDevices (3 iPads, 3 iPhones). Updated to 8.1 and they will work on our guest account but will not stick on our regular account. When starting the device it will try, bounce around and then log us on to the guest account. We've forgotten the network, reset network settings, rebooted the router, just about everything we can think of. Someone up thread said that the update got rid of this bug but that doesn't seem to be the case for us.

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Has been doing there updates over air? I had issues with it to and just started all over again in iTunes works great

I almost never do it over the air due to the fact that there always seems to be minor glitches. However, I am out of town and did it OTA and everything is great so far. I will almost certainly restore as new when I get back due to my OCD. Btw, using iPhone 6.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Btw you can AirPlay to an Apple TV 3 (model A1469) without being connected to the same wifi network or not connect to wifi at all
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413899258.989143.jpg

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks like my airplay issues within apps are fixed, and I don't need Bluetooth to airplay anymore while connected to the same WiFi network as my apple TV

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Jaffa374

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Question, 8.1 brings support for iCloud photo library. Why have I had that option from 8.0? I've been using iCloud photo library from my iPhone 5 64GB since 8.0.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Question, 8.1 brings support for iCloud photo library. Why have I had that option from 8.0? I've been using iCloud photo library from my iPhone 5 64GB since 8.0.
What did you use it for? Storage? Were the photos synced or shared between devices?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro