Gained 1gb back after update.
asu5ese3.jpg

e6uby9am.jpg

upamunys.jpg

2ape9yza.jpg

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I seem to have three computer names to choose from for the text forwarding. Only one is in use. How to get rid of the other two names....

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been running 8.1 for almost 10 hours and it is definitely snappier and real smooth, no lag. I gained almost a gig of storage space after the update.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have three computer names to choose from for the text forwarding. Only one is in use. How to get rid of the other two names....

Just ignore them. They are other computers/devices on which you are/have logged in with your iCloud AppleID. If you find them particularly bothersome, and you have access to them, log out of your iCloud account on those devices (in Messages).

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Just ignore them. They are other computers/devices on which you are/have logged in with your iCloud AppleID. If you find them particularly bothersome, and you have access to them, log out of your iCloud account on those devices (in Messages).

It's the same machine that's been formatted a couple of times.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Now that I turned off iCloud Photos Beta, can't get my photos back on my phone. Can't figure out why. Not sure if it's a bug thing with iTunes. I grabbed the libraries and told them to sync, but they never go back.. odd.

sync.jpg

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
There is no option for "Text Message Forwarding" in my settings...?

Edit: Never mind. I think I got it. Had to enable my email address on my phone.

Can you elaborate on this? I am not getting the Text Message Forwarding setting at all. What do you mean you had to enable an email address?

alias3800

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I believe the extra gig in space or so is due to the "photo stream" being handled differently (not on the device any more), as I was following storage space pretty closely and I've noticed the change in photo space taken up.

I've also noticed, besides the phone being slightly smoother as a whole, that the dictation comes up SO much faster. Whether it's SIRI or just the dictation on the keyboard, it activates much faster. It's almost immediate now. Love it.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Updated my 5S. It fixed my screen rotation problem and seems to have fixed my slow safari symptom.Does seem to be much quicker overall. Will have to see if it fixes my freezing problem with camera app. It would open to a black screen and freeze.

thatuxguy

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Anyone still having WiFi issues? My iPhone 6 is working fine however my partners iPhone 5s keeps dropping WiFi she never seems to be able to get the same connection as me, even when in the same room.

I have tried resetting the network settings, and this works for a bit.

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone being prompted after a period of time for their iCloud password in the native mail app? I've turned iCloud mail off and on and even signed all the way out of iCloud and still was prompted this morning.

IPhone 5s and using two factor authentication.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So much for having no issues. Having a problem with charging. Always charge my phone overnight and I woke up this morning to it being at 60%.....and, yes, I definitely made sure it was charged before I went to bed.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Can you elaborate on this? I am not getting the Text Message Forwarding setting at all. What do you mean you had to enable an email address?

Under Settings > Messages, go to the Send & Receive options. I had to enable both my phone number and email address on both devices before the Text Message Forwarding option appeared.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well...I proceeded yesterday to OTA my Air, which I always do first. Of course did a back up BEFORE doing anything:) the software downloaded OTA in about 3 mins, but shortly after that a window popped up saying there was an error installing the update. I did have 2.5gb of room on my iPad and the update showed as 97mb so I figured NBD. did a reboot of the iPad, and when it came back up it proceeded to verifying update. I step out of the room for 5 mins to come back to the iTunes screen that my iPad was in recovery mode. BOOOO. Hooked up to the Mac and everything went smoothly from there. Idk what could've happened but I'm glad I'm super anal about making sure I do a backup every time before updating.

SOOOOO people...another reminder - before updating ALWAYS do a back up, whether it be iCloud or usb to iTunes :) because that was a first to ever happen to me !

Soooo....after that clusterfudge yesterday with the iPad, I woke up nice and early this morning, and usb'd my 5C to iTunes and updated that way this time around. From start to finish it was completed in about 15/20 mins and I believe I gained back approx .70-1gb. of room. Update went smoothly and I'm happy to have the camera roll back as well :)