BOA Icon On Lockscreen Today

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed this this morning. It opens the BOA app. I wonder if it has something to do with Apple Pay. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413803544.682128.jpg

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't. It is a "suggested app" because the phone thinks you are close to a Bank of America location. If you have the app installed, sliding up will open that app. If not installed, sliding up will take you to that app in the AppStore.

Well, that's annoying. Makes me glad I pre-emptively turned that crap feature off. Why would you need to open a bank's app if you're at the bank? Those apps, forex, are to do banking when you are NOT near the bank.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, that's annoying. Makes me glad I pre-emptively turned that crap feature off. Why would you need to open a bank's app if you're at the bank? Those apps, forex, are to do banking when you are NOT near the bank.

Very true, but you have to understand that if Apple provided the option to manually turn off apps that you don't need it would be a lot of customization that would require end user to play with and so it was an all or nothing option I suppose.

My 2 cents

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't. It is a "suggested app" because the phone thinks you are close to a Bank of America location. If you have the app installed, sliding up will open that app. If not installed, sliding up will take you to that app in the AppStore.

Hmm. So I wonder why, if I'm _by_ an ATM, I would need the app...

BSUNesto

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. So I wonder why, if I'm _by_ an ATM, I would need the app...

Because when you're walking into AT&T field, your phone knows to suggest the MLB app, which integrates with iBeacons and enhances the ballpark experience. It's all or nothing with Apple. Either you shut it off and never allow it to suggest anything, or leave it on and have it sometimes suggest ridiculous apps, like a banking app when you're ALREADY at the bank. All or nothing.

Btw - I'm a Dodgers fan, but I used AT&T field as an example, not an endorsement of SF. GO KC!!!

Nerd

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll be keeping mine turned off. I get enough ads as it is. Funny how Apple thought everyone would love iBeacons. Not me! Neither do I like all the new full page ads in apps. Even Speedtest.net has one now.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW