Inconsistencies, any one else?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
So far after updating to iOS 8.0.2 I have had these issues:

Issues sliding to answer to call

When I am able to slide to answer, no one can be heard on other end, not an AT&T issue.

Mail & Message badges calculating received and SENT items, takes a few minutes for badges to clear

Notifications clearing in the NC and then appearing sporadically

Major lag with Apple's own stock apps

I know there are more than what I listed, just can't remember at this point.

I have a 5s which I purchased in June 2014 and restored from iTunes about a dozen times, nothing has changed.

Is anyone else having these similar issues on a 5s running 8.0.2?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I haven't ran into any issues with iOS 8 as of yet. There were the few hiccups on the original release but as for now it seems good

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I?m using 5s, ios 8 beta 2 none of those issue your having, did you try doing clean install without restoring from backup.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The only issue that I have seen is an occasional glitch in rotating between portrait and landscape.

iOS 8.1 should be available tomorrow morning at about 10:00 am PDT. That is supposed to bring SMS to OS X, Pay and fixes for the bugs.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My worst issues have been with the Messages app. It still freezes up. People started seeing my iCloud email address, rather than my number. And yes, everything in "Sent and Received" was in order. The fix:
1. Toggle off iMessage and FaceTime.
2. Reset Network Settings and enter the wifi passcode back in.
3. Toggle iMessage and FaceTime back on.
4. Delete all affected threads in Messages.
Problem Solved!
Still other Messages issues though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I only have one issue (inconsistencies), when I use a white wallpaper the black lettering (time, WiFi signal, battery% ect.) on the top bar will sometimes disappear and reappear. I hope they hurry up and release iOS 8.1 because this is really causing my iPhone 5s grief....SMILE:p:biggrin:

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I still get random restarts (the Apple logo popping up) on my iPad Mini Retina and a lot of the times I take photos on my iPhone6 they're stored upside down in the camera roll (so I've got to rotate them first). Also since iOS8 Apple TV pretty much stopped working for me. Bottom line is I've got plenty of inconsistencies and don't think it should be like that. I hope all my issues are ironed out later today with 8.1, but still think Apple needs to lift their game a little again. It's a lot of unpolished stuff at the moment. Very unlike them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I only have one issue (inconsistencies), when I use a white wallpaper the black lettering (time, WiFi signal, battery% ect.) on the top bar will sometimes disappear and reappear. I hope they hurry up and release iOS 8.1 because this is really causing my iPhone 5s grief....SMILE:p:biggrin:
I haven't noticed that issue. But I don't use light colored wallpapers because Apple darkens them. If I ran into that though, I would put a dark status bar strip at the top.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Where did this rumor of iOS 8.1 being released on Monday (10/20) come from anyway. Did Apple say it was being released tomorrow?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had a small issue on iOS 8.0, it was so minor I forgot what it was. Since I upgraded to 8.0.2 my 5s is running great. iOS 8.1 is due to be released tomorrow.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few random reboots and springboard crashes on 8.0.2. Also some rotation problems and keyboard issues. Can't wait for 8.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711