Why won't my iPhone 5S update the operating system?
So today I bought a second hand iphone 5s, with iOS7, I was trying to install iOS8 and it was saying "preparing install" FOR A LONG TIME, so I canceled and decided to try on iTunes, WORST: 9hours left.
I picked up a mega link and installed OTA (Shift RESTORE) iOS8.
Now i'm trying normal update to iOS8.0.2 and im having the same problems, keeps saying "1 minute remaining"... and a few minutes later says "21 seconds"... Now the time has gone, and keeps saying PREPARING INSTALL ....
Anyone had this problem before?
please help: ill write every updates ill see, to avoid time waste of people who will try to help me.
- 10-15-2014, 04:12 PM #2
re: Why won't my iPhone 5S update the operating system?
Put the phone in DFU mode and restore from iTunes. It will download the latest OS and update the phone. Once it is back up you can either keep using it as a new phone or restore from your backup.
-Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
-Turn off the device.
-Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
-Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
-Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
-After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
- 10-15-2014, 04:13 PM #3
- By KingBuick in forum iPhoneReplies: 11Last Post: 10-26-2014, 10:07 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2014, 03:49 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2014, 03:36 PM
- By OConnorkev in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2014, 03:01 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-15-2014, 02:51 PM