Four Square was draining iPhone 6 battery but saw nothing in battery utilization

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All,

I figured out that Four Square was draining my battery on my iPhone 6. I started to notice my battery was draining faster than expected.
I went to look at the battery utilization feature and was only seeing the apps I was using at the top of the list.

I also was looking at the privacy feature and noticed that Four Square was always using the location feature (or just used it) when I looked. I decided to delete Four Square and noticed for 3 days after that my batteries performance improved significantly.

Has anyone had the issues?
Thanks,
A.B.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure if the FourSquare app has the option yet, but one of the new location features is to set an app to only use location services when the app is in use.

If you reinstall it you might want to check that.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure if the FourSquare app has the option yet, but one of the new location features is to set an app to only use location services when the app is in use.

If you reinstall it you might want to check that.

I did and the option was not available. I also try to see if I could do something within the App.

Thanks,
A.B.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The app developers need to update their apps to make it available. I am guessing FourSquare is focusing on their Swarm app :)

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
EDIT: I don't want uninstall foursquare without be sure it drains my battery :|

Do you use swarm? I have it installed too.

Are you sure it was Foursquare? Can be coincidence...
You received less emails, or used the phone more with foursquare...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you also have the background location turned off in the app too.
8cd239d7bb974d6b2e8be0e04a862d63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk