I really hate it when Apple forced you to install iBooks + Podcast

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
without enabling the users to uninstall it

it's just another waste of space when my phone only has 16 GB storage.

that's all, just ranting

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

that's all, just ranting

I know how you feel because I don't use it on my iPhone at all and it is space I could use for other things instead

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

that's all, just ranting

I agree with you on that. I wish we had the option to delete iBooks, Health and podcast apps.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
That should not matter, the user should be able to remove apps he doesn't use.

Fixed that for ya.

I would tend to agree with your position. But it is what it is. At least it’s not loaded with bloatware forced on your by Android, Google or your carrier.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It's 29.6MB - is the 16GB model the only one you could afford?

look, first, on iOS 7 these apps are not preloaded. when i upgraded, suddenly these apps show up and no way to uninstall it.

second, also why are you bragging about affordability? just because you are moderator, then you can just look down on anyone ? i would let it go if you are some 18 yrs old spoiled kid, but seeing your avatar picture and the fact that you are actually some 50 yrs old guy and way older than me, i expect someone like that have some manners, online or offline.

i just want to say something without expecting anyone to agree or disagree, but some smartass here talks about affordability. typical apple snob users. i bet you are the same guy who look down on people driving a C class or 3 series because you are driving the S class or 7 series BMW. I can't believe a guy like you can be a moderator for this forum. "ooh, i don't ride on your Honda, is that all you can afford?"

Reading the community forum, and they have slogan

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

yet one of the moderators are not applying the same slogan, not beling helpful and looking down on users just because he has a '16 GB' iPhone.

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
look, first, on iOS 7 these apps are not preloaded. when i upgraded, suddenly these apps show up and no way to uninstall it.

second, also why are you bragging about affordability? just because you are moderator, then you can just look down on anyone ? i would let it go if you are some 18 yrs old spoiled kid, but seeing your avatar picture and the fact that you are actually some 50 yrs old guy and way older than me, i expect someone like that have some manners, online or offline.

i just want to say something without expecting anyone to agree or disagree, but some smartass here talks about affordability. typical apple snob users. i bet you are the same guy who look down on people driving a C class or 3 series because you are driving the S class or 7 series BMW. I can't believe a guy like you can be a moderator for this forum. "ooh, i don't ride on your Honda, is that all you can afford?"

Reading the community forum, and they have slogan

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

yet one of the moderators are not applying the same slogan, not beling helpful and looking down on users just because he has a '16 GB' iPhone.

Can you explain why you seem to have a chip on your shoulder? You mentioned PUPPAH, yet you're here calling mods a "smartass". So much for the Polite, Professional and Helpful part of PUPPAH.

Try dialing back the rhetoric and just stop being offended.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
i don't have a chip on my shoulder. did i start this post to target him specifically? please read again what i wrote.

all i said is just why these apps are preloaded, then he showed up and belittled my phone for being a '16 gb' and say that if that's something i can only afford.

isn't the moderator job to help other users ? agree or disagree is OK as that's an opinion. he does not agree or disagree, but straight up telling someone or belittle someone just because he has a '16 gb'? i can't believe that there is even a segregation among iphone users.

and lastly i don't start it first... anyway, i won't comment anymore on this topic.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
i don't have a chip on my shoulder. did i start this post to target him specifically? please read again what i wrote.

all i said is just why these apps are preloaded, then he showed up and belittled my phone for being a '16 gb' and say that if that's something i can only afford.

isn't the moderator job to help other users ? agree or disagree is OK as that's an opinion. he does not agree or disagree, but straight up telling someone or belittle someone just because he has a '16 gb'? i can't believe that there is even a segregation among iphone users.

and lastly i don't start it first... anyway, i won't comment anymore on this topic.

One more time, grow some thicker skin and get over it. Out.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

that's all, just ranting
Agreed. I don't use iBooks on my phone nor Podcasts on my iPad. I also don't use Newstand, Stocks, Weather, Tips, Compass or Game Center.
And even if I had a device with more than 16GB of storage (which is really less than 13 because the OS itself takes up about 3.5GB), I'd still like to get rid of them simply because they're unneeded bloat that I have no use for that could be used for more music, and they take up visual space.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
My holy lord. Twenty nine point six megabytes wouldn't even burden me on a 4GB phone.
I can't speak for the OP, but I've got about 63GB of music (~14,000 tracks) and ~12,000 photos that I would love to be able to fit on my phone. I know that's not going to happen even with the largest capacity iPhone because I also have an on-board GPS application and other apps. But currently, I have only about 1400 tracks, no photos, and I'm hovering around 1GB of free space on the phone.
Some of you should switch to a carrier branded android phone for a day or so you'll see what real bloatware is.
Been there. My previous phone was the original Verizon branded Moto Droid X runninng Gingerbread (v2.x). At least with the Droids, it's possible to root'em and replace the OS with Cyanogen for a "clean" version of Android. Also when rooted, even if you're hesitant to replace the OS, you can "freeze" the bloatware to prevent them from loading at all. And most of them have MicroSD slots providing the user with the option of any storage amount they want, some are even hot-swappable (mine wasn't, the card slot was under the battery).

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
It sucks and I agree. Preinstalled apps ought to be removable. I paid a lot of money for my IP6 (more ka'ching in Apple's bank) so I should have some choices.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It sucks and I agree. Preinstalled apps ought to be removable. I paid a lot of money for my IP6 (more ka'ching in Apple's bank) so I should have some choices.

You do. Buy Apple and get a few apps that you probably will never use. Or buy anything else and see what "bloatware" is really all about. The end.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You do. Buy Apple and get a few apps that you probably will never use. Or buy anything else and see what "bloatware" is really all about. The end.

It's nothing like the bloatware on other devices. I would still like I be able to uninstall apps I don't use. JMO.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
You get a lot more bloat with Android than with iOS as you get nearly all of the Google Apps pre-installed (Maps, Play Books, Play Movies & TV, Play Music, GMail, Chrome, YouTube, Newsstand) along with OEM Apps and Carrier Apps. I'd rather take a few un-used Apple Apps over what you get with Android any day.

Roland

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
And for record, if iPhones come with large pre-installed apps, they are deleteable. Case in point: the iWork apps that come pre-installed on the 64 and 128 gigabyte variants of the new iPhones

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Very true, but we pay a lot of money for are devices no matter who the carrier or the manufacture, the point being, we should be able to remove the apps we do not use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh