iPhone 5/5c Delays and Sluggishness

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I always wait and read before updating to a newer iOS on an older iDevice, but never read anything bad about iOS 8 on the 5/5c. I recently updated my wife's 5c and two friends updated their 5's. All 3 are experiencing sluggishness through the OS and major delays during the call screen. For instance, sometimes they cannot slide to answer or it takes several attempts to hang up the call.

Are there any other 5/5c owners experiencing these particular issues? I have performed a complete restore through iTunes (fresh copy download) on all 3 devices, but no luck resolving the said issues.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a 5C for work still and have not had any of those issues. I did in fact setup as new, not sure it that has anything to do with it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Both the hubby and I have 5C's and all is good. No issues to report.

I know you said you did clean installs on all 3 phones but your still seeing issues. Suggestion, I would try to reset all settings as well as reset network.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any delays or sluggishness on my 5s (iOS 8.0.2) either, as a matter fact my 5s is running snappier and smoother than ever before, almost like 8.0.2 was made for it...SMILE. I did an OTA update and ALL is GREAT.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Both the hubby and I have 5C's and all is good. No issues to report.

I know you said you did clean installs on all 3 phones but your still seeing issues. Suggestion, I would try to reset all settings as well as reset network.

I have done all the normal troubleshooting steps, but thanks for the suggestion. I only create posts on the forums as a last ditch effort on weird issues.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My 5s is fine as well.

From reading different posts (problems), it appears that some 5/5s/5c took the iOS 8.0.2 update without problems and some are having problems. I wonder why? I didn't do anything different, I downloaded 8.0.2 via OTA the same day (at night about 9PM) it was released. I just didn't touch my device until the update was complete and then did two resets before testing. NO Problems to speak of.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I never understood why Apple products that are made of the same hardware and run the same software have completely different issues.

I get Android having issues because there are countless manufacturers using different processors and different amounts of memory and such.

I expect more from Apple because they design the hardware/software and produce each product themselves.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I never understood why Apple products that are made of the same hardware and run the same software have completely different issues.

I get Android having issues because there are countless manufacturers using different processors and different amounts of memory and such.

I expect more from Apple because they design the hardware/software and produce each product themselves.

I agree, my iPad2 is running sluggish running 8.1 beta2, but my 5s, 4s are running fine same software. I always do clean installs with new OS, did restores with the beta 8.1. but iPad still running slow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2