iOS 8 Wifi Connection Dropping | List Your Details Here

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
With all the recent wifi related issues post iOS 8 I just wanted to see who is experiencing what and what device and iOS they're using. Don't want to make this too much of a discussion as there's enough on this in other threads but I wanted to see what and how you're affected.

Please state...

Wifi connection dropping completely and then not displaying any networks and/or slow speeds

Does a reboot fix the issue temporarily?

Device Model

iOS Version

I will start off...

Wifi Connection dropping completely and not displaying any wireless networks directly after dropping. No deterioration in speed.

Reboot fixes temporarily

iPhone 6 64GB (Launch Day)
iOS 8.0.2

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Slow WiFi speeds in some apps like games
Reboot does not fix it
iPhone 5S and sometimes my 5th gen iPod Touch
iOS 8.0.2

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 6 - 16gb - ios 8.0.2
Wifi signal disconnect and then doesnt search again in wifi option, it keeps searching for router connections but doesnt display any name, i took apple support 2 times but they failed to resolve my issue and finally they told me to replace my iphone 6, but i cant replace as it still not launched officially in my country india, i have to reboot my device then it works fine for one day then again anytime it drop the signal and never come back to reconnect, apple support told that it may be major bug in ios 8.0.2 which is causing malfunctioning in hardware so i have to replace it, but i will wait for ios 8.1, hope that new version will solve my problem.

Spdracer

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 6+ 64GB iOS 8.02 (Received Oct 2nd)
Wifi drops constantly. Appears to reconnect but doesn't do anything. Happens both at home and at work. Tried all the fixes. Have to reboot to get wifi back.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Verizon Gold 5s 32gb (purchased 12/13)
iOS 8.0.2 (updated via OTA same day of release)
WiFi working GREAT and signal strengh is better than with 7+ iOS
NO problems with home WiFi or when I'm out and about.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
AT&T Gold 5s 32gb
iOS 8.1 Beta2
WiFi does not reconnect after moving out of range and coming back. Have to turn off and back on to reconnect.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok I can tell you all this is 100% software related. I swapped my iPhone. 6 tonight at the Apple Store and got home and a few hours later and bang! no wifi again! Had to reboot to get it to find the wireless networks!

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
So its finally tested that after replacing your iphone 6, problem still exist, then its 100% software bug, hope ios 8.1 update solve our problem.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
So its finally tested that after replacing your iphone 6, problem still exist, then its 100% software bug, hope ios 8.1 update solve our problem.

Yes! In a way it's good news as it means there's nothing we can do to resolve it. It was annoying me so much of the thought that my iphone was faulty that I went and exchanged it at the Apple Store. I got home and set it all up and a few hours later exactly the same thing happened again! The usual wifi drops and the phone reverts to 4G. I then go into Wifi and it just has the spinning cog and select network text but no networks listed and I live in an apartment building where there's about 15+ wireless networks in range and none of them shoe so it's definitely not related to the router as they're all different makes and providers. After 5 mins I give up and reboot and immediately after a reboot it's back and the other 15 networks also display in the list.

So that's pretty much proof in my eyes that this is an iOS 8 issue. I always thought it was software due to the other device owners reporting it on other models etc but I just wanted peace of mind by trying another device.

I'm willing to bet all I have that nearly everyone is affected by this and just haven't witnessed it by looking or using their device at the exact moment it drops. I presume others devices that are doing this eventually reconnect and the owners are none the wiser! A friend of mine said his was perfect and no drops in wifi so I got him to reset his mobile data statistics at the start of the day whilst he was on his wifi at home all day then check his mobile data late that evening and it was about 10MB which shows at some stage it dropped wifi and reverted to 4G before reconnecting. I'd expect minimal mobile data used for things like network visual voicemail which used mobile data to check but not circa 10MB.

Just hope Apple sort this out or acknowledge the issue at the very least!

Anyways thanks for all your help guys and girls it's much appreciated and comforting when you are trying to work out if it's just you or everyone affected.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes! In a way it's good news as it means there's nothing we can do to resolve it. It was annoying me so much of the thought that my iphone was faulty that I went and exchanged it at the Apple Store. I got home and set it all up and a few hours later exactly the same thing happened again! The usual wifi drops and the phone reverts to 4G. I then go into Wifi and it just has the spinning cog and select network text but no networks listed and I live in an apartment building where there's about 15+ wireless networks in range and none of them shoe so it's definitely not related to the router as they're all different makes and providers. After 5 mins I give up and reboot and immediately after a reboot it's back and the other 15 networks also display in the list.

So that's pretty much proof in my eyes that this is an iOS 8 issue. I always thought it was software due to the other device owners reporting it on other models etc but I just wanted peace of mind by trying another device.

I'm willing to bet all I have that nearly everyone is affected by this and just haven't witnessed it by looking or using their device at the exact moment it drops. I presume others devices that are doing this eventually reconnect and the owners are none the wiser! A friend of mine said his was perfect and no drops in wifi so I got him to reset his mobile data statistics at the start of the day whilst he was on his wifi at home all day then check his mobile data late that evening and it was about 10MB which shows at some stage it dropped wifi and reverted to 4G before reconnecting. I'd expect minimal mobile data used for things like network visual voicemail which used mobile data to check but not circa 10MB.

Just hope Apple sort this out or acknowledge the issue at the very least!

Anyways thanks for all your help guys and girls it's much appreciated and comforting when you are trying to work out if it's just you or everyone affected.

Same problem happening with me in my new iphone 6, i think apple support guys are dumb, they tell you only what they are taught that is basic knowledge, they just apologize you 100 times but wont solve your problem, if they are not able to solve your problem then finally say that your device needs replacement lolz, without checking the root cause of this error they just replace the device, first they told me that of problem still exists then they will refer me senior advisor but nothing happened, at third time they finally told me to replace my iphone 6, i think we must wait for ios 8.1 coz now there are lots of complaints submitted to apple.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not holding my breath that 8.1 will address this you know. It might end up being 8.1.2 as 8.1 is due for release any time now and with such a massive issue Apple haven't even recognised the problem yet. Thanks for all your replies, it's reassuring to find someone else with the same issue!

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Iphone 5S 32gb. Running iOS 8.0.2. Wifi connection drops all the time after device update. Also lag in connecting to wifi networks.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I asked one guy whos using ios 8.1 on his 5c and he told me that all problems of wifi and restart has be solved, lets wait for offcial release

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
My wifi has been all over the place. Sometimes holds on and gets good speeds, other times will randomly disconnect or say its connected and not download at all. Not sure why apple has such issues with this. Seems every new iPhone they make, has more issues wifi than the last. 5s had worse wifi than the 5 and the 6 is having more issues as well. Hopefully an update fixes it, its really frustrating.

Iphone 6 verizon 64gb
IOS 8.0.2

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Iphone 6 64gb delivered 8th October. I found Wifi speeds dropping to near nothing intermittently, reboot often cured it.

Today i discovered what's causing mine. Any of the Angry Birds apps thst are open or running in the background. Once i closed them wifi springs back to life.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro