Incorrect Time and Messages Not Received

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend with a 5 running iOS 8.0.2 and as of the latest update, the time is off by 63 minutes and cannot be manually changed through Settings (toggle keeps turning Automatic back on). Also, he cannot receive text messages from certain people.

Any thought on the time issue?

I tried another VZ SIM (even though I thought Verizon/Sprint didn't use SIM cards), same result after several reboots. I have restored through iTunes using a freshly downloaded copy. Still no change.

Last edited:

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
LTE uses SIMs, it's the "next generation" of GSM. Once the 3G networks go away and everyone is on LTE (or newer) everywhere, the only hardware differences between an AT&T phone and a Verizon phone should be the supported frequencies.

I suspect the time and messaging issues may be the same thing. If your friend cannot manually change the time and it is not picking up the correct time from the cellular network, have your friend call the cellular carrier about how to update what is sometimes called the PRL, sometimes the Roaming List. If that fails, your friend should then do a device restore via iTunes. This will completely wipe the thing and install a newly downloaded copy of iOS8.0.2.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73