Unable too connect Bluetooth from iPhone 6 plus to mac

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've tried everything from pairing my device to my MacBook retina , to resetting my devices with no luck. It keeps giving me thisImageUploadedByTapatalk1412858250.451979.jpg
The Mac is directly on my lap and my iPhone in my hand, so this cannot be the case.

I'm having another issue with continuity. I'm running Yosemite public beta 5, and iOS 8 on my 6+ and noticed that my Mac does receive calls but nothing else. The continuity feature doesn't work. I've made sure it's enabled in my system preferences and on, on my iPhone but still nothing works.
Oh and yes my wi fi is on with the same iCloud account is enabled.
What am I missing here?

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
If anyone can help, I'd love it too. I get the same thing. Both my iPhone 5C and iPad Mini are running 8.0.2 and my Macbook Pro is running Yosemite Public Beta 5. Absolutely can not get them connected.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Continuity works fine on my Mac Mini running yosemite beta and iPhone 5s 8.1 Beta2. Did not need to pair bluetooth for it to work, but I tried pairing after reading this thread and get the same message.

Last edited:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
My MacBook Air also will not pair with my 5C.
I have tried to Air Drop photos and was wondering why it sat in limbo.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412976810.810319.jpg

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There is a known issue in 8.0.x with Bluetooth. I am running 8.1b2 and my Bluetooth connectivity is significantly improved. It should not be too much longer until 8.1is out. In the meantime try turning off BT on both the phone and the Mac then trying to pair again.

N345H

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I have had, and continue to get connection problems between my iPhone 6 Plus and my Mac (running Yosemite 10.10). The ONLY way I can get the devices connected is using an App called Authy. Put the App on both your iPhone and Mac, connect with Authy then Bluetooth between your Mac and iPhone will show as connected.........

I do hope Apple can sort it out soon without the use of third party Apps

KarelNU

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
The nicest feature (making phone calls on my iMac) doesn't work ... :huh: Monday after the 8.1 update?

I wonder, how was this phone call or message demonstration during the keynote possible? Was it fake?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The nicest feature (making phone calls on my iMac) doesn't work ... :huh: Monday after the 8.1 update?

I wonder, how was this phone call or message demonstration during the keynote possible? Was it fake?

I noticed the same thing on my MacBook Air. Although, not very important to me, but is a nice feature.

Nikman Shah

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Finally I found a thread of people facing exactly the same problem as mine. FYI I've tried everything, from disassociating my MacBook Pro Retina 2012 with my iCloud and re-associating, re-pairing in Bluetooth preferences, turning off Bluetooth and Wi-fi on both my iPhone 5s and my MPr 2012, even restarting both devices as well. It still won't work. In my case, Airdrop-ing from MacBook to iPhone 5s works flawlessly, but it won't work at all the other way round (from iPhone 5s to MacBook).

For the record, my iPad Air works flawlessly Airdropping both ways (MacBook Pro to iPad and vice versa), and also from iPad to iPhone, but only iPhone to MacBook seems to be the problem.

Hope to find someone able to re-solve this issue. I'm running the recent public release of OS X Yosemite, and iOS 8.0.2.

Oh yeah, another thing, Continuity works fine. No issues at all. Just Airdrop seems to be the problem.

joshuamhardwick

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6+ and rMBP and was having the similar problems but seemed to find a way to get it working regardless

In particular, I was having difficulty using the phone as a hotspot (tethering over Bluetooth). I could see the phone in my Wifi drop down, but every time I tried to connect it would say unsuccessful. I then tried pairing the phone to the laptop in the Bluetooth menu but would receive the same message you all seem to be describing ("unsuccessful" blah blah).

Turned out, that even after the pairing was unsuccessful, the laptop would still appear in my list of devices but I would be unable to pair with it. However, it seems as though it DOES pair (or something close to pairing) regardless of that message as I am now able to use the phone as a hotspot without taking it out of my pocket and doing the normal routine.

... now if only AirDrop would work.

Henk ten Hoope

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
This is still an issue with iOS 8.1.
Still have to use Authy.
Why is Apple having so much trouble with Bluetooth on iPhone 6?
I can answers calls in my car now but text message reading in car display is still not working.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I will say the handoff between my Mac and my iPhone works.
The phone rang and it went through my Mac as well.
For minute there I thought I was in a call center.

priyanthn

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Okay I'm starting to hate Apple right now. My phone doesn't connect to bluetooth and the 8.1 update in Canada is pointless (we don't have apple pay and I cannot relay my texts to my macbook). The iOS8.1 update is supposed to enable texting through your macbook but it doesn't do the trick for me. Tried re-setting my phone and macbook. For some reason I have only one macbook but it continues to show two MacBooks in my name and if I enable either one of those, I don't get any prompt screen to enable texting in my mac in my macbook.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay I'm starting to hate Apple right now. My phone doesn't connect to bluetooth and the 8.1 update in Canada is pointless (we don't have apple pay and I cannot relay my texts to my macbook). The iOS8.1 update is supposed to enable texting through your macbook but it doesn't do the trick for me. Tried re-setting my phone and macbook. For some reason I have only one macbook but it continues to show two MacBooks in my name and if I enable either one of those, I don't get any prompt screen to enable texting in my mac in my macbook.

Follow all of these steps to make your SMS Forwarding work.

I believe that the multiple MacBook issue is the result of having your iCloud AppleID logged into both devices.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm using an iPhone 5 running 8.1 with the same issue. At first, I thought it was an issue with 8.0.2, but my iPad 3 running the same version connected with no hassle. I talked with people from tech support, but they were no help. Then, I updated both devices to 8.1 and while my iPad still connected, the iPhone still wouldn't.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods