iOS 8.1 Beta 2 is out. Feedback/bugs thread

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
How's the battery been on beta 2? Any immediate differences?

Honestly it seems much better. May be a placebo effect but I've been messaging, browsing, listening to music, emailing and Tweeting consistently the past hour and so and only dropped to 29% from 31%. iPhone 6+ here.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Does it appear to be running smoother for anyone else. I haven't had any hang-ups lately (have only been running for about three hours). Everything feels much snappier at the least. Still a few bugs in settings like Music not showing up under Usage but other than that nothing major.

Oh! And I really wish Apple would fix the disappearing message bug if you accidentally touch the space beneath the Send button when quick replying. So. Annoying!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does it appear to be running smoother for anyone else. I haven't had any hang-ups lately (have only been running for about three hours). Everything feels much snappier at the least. Still a few bugs in settings like Music not showing up under Usage but other than that nothing major.

Oh! And I really wish Apple would fix the disappearing message bug if you accidentally touch the space beneath the Send button when quick replying. So. Annoying!!

I update OTA last night, and thus far, beta 2 appears to be running smoothly on my iPhone 5, but so did beta 1. I'll get a better feel for it today after extensive use. Hopefully, it'll continue to perform well...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully, the QuickReply via the Lockscreen appears to be working consistently using the settings depicted in the below screenshot. I prefer to not have the message display in the middle of the lockscreen and prefer to view and reply from the Notification Center while at the lockscreen. It was hit or miss with the previous beta as well as 8.0.1 & 2,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412772528.657651.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As I stated above, I like being able to view and reply to messages via the Notification Center on the lockscreen without having the received message displayed in full view in the center of the lockscreen, and I'm able to do that consistently with beta 2.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412773303.541144.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412773240.812377.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412773320.827151.jpg

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I update OTA last night, and thus far, beta 2 appears to be running smoothly on my iPhone 5, but so did beta 1. I'll get a better feel for it today after extensive use. Hopefully, it'll continue to perform well...:)

OTA'd as well but didn't update to Beta 1 last week (downloaded and updated to Beta 2 yesterday) so can't judge based on that but coming from 8.0.2 it's buttery smooth! Glad to see Apple really working to improve the OS. iOS 6 (and maybe 5) seemed to be the most stable of them all but Apple seems to be refining 8 to do just the same! Can't wait for Apple Pay

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site

How do you compare it with iOS 7.1.2? Is it smoother or faster than iOS 7 or a bit slower than that in app opening speed and overall responsiveness.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How do you compare it with iOS 7.1.2? Is it smoother or faster than iOS 7 or a bit slower than that in app opening speed and overall responsiveness.

I don't know. I mean, it's fast, smooth and Just works...:)....I really don't recall specifics about iOS 7.1.2 because I only had it installed for a short period of time. I was using iOS 8 betas all summer long.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
As I stated above, I like being able to view and reply to messages via the Notification Center on the lockscreen without having the received message displayed in full view in the center of the lockscreen, and I'm able to do that consistently with beta 2.

View attachment 67691

View attachment 67690

View attachment 67692

Hey, thanks. I was also going to ask for that wallpaper. Thanks once again. 😊🍻👍

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox