Has anyone had problems with crashing on iOS 8.02?

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with crashing on 8.02?

Just got 5s yesterday and did update - today here we go again, on phone and all of a sudden I get the white screen with the black apple come up from no where. This happened on my 5 also. Sorry but I couldn't afford the iPhone 6.

Driving me nuts......Apple says they don't know. Lovely

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Crashes

No, not me. Right now, however, I'm running iOS 8.1 beta without any problems either. Anyway, when you got your iPhone 5S, did you set it up as new or from a backup? Also, did you update to iOS 8.0.2 OTA? If so to one or both, you might want to consider restoring your device and setting it up as new.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen once with iOS 8. I set up as new. I haven't had it happen since the latest update.

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all, I just purchased 5s Sunday (yep yesterday) so set as new. By accident upgraded ota.

Was just throwing me out of "bejeweled" a lot to, no white screen with that, just closed out app. Think I'll try deleting that app and see if that helps.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had springboard crash twice on my plus on 8.0.2 .. Once opening camera app and on home screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
sprint found a bunch of those springboard crashs on my orig iphone 5 along with the bejeweled crashs on 8.0.2. sprint made me take to apple, took phone to apple and all they did was wipe phone and told me to reinstall. did that and it continued, that was friday,saturday still going on, went to apple on saturday, they basically blew me off - told me my problem, came home and called sprint about doing an asurion claim - sprint told me there is a $200 deductable with asurion (which i didn't know that) Sunday i went and traded iphone 5 for 5s.

I don't even know what springboard is.........

Monday got white screen again on 5s 3 times, called apple tech - said they don't know.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Sorry you're having so many problems. Try what others have mentioned here and set it up as new. Good luck.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, lots. Both my iPhone5 and iPad2 have way more crash dumps logged than they should. The phone has over three dozen since the last reset a week and a half ago, that have not been deleted from the phone on syncing with iTunes, and the iPad has about a half dozen since its last reset on Sunday, including springboard crashes.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of things crashing and freezing with 8.0.2 but hopefully soon another update will be out to fix the issues.

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
3 white screen pop ups yesterday. With those, sounded like I was going to drop call. Only thing I was doing was talking on phone. Was on Bluetooth- guess I'll try eliminating that today and using headset

terfos

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Constantly on my iPad Air. I've just about stopped using it the problem is so bad.

Has anyone had problems with crashing on 8.02?

Just got 5s yesterday and did update - today here we go again, on phone and all of a sudden I get the white screen with the black apple come up from no where. This happened on my 5 also. Sorry but I couldn't afford the iPhone 6.

Driving me nuts......Apple says they don't know. Lovely

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73