Family Sharing Bug?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Just came across something on accident and didn't know if this was intentional or not. I turned on family sharing because I wanted to try the hide feature fire apps I know longer use then I turned the family sharing off. When I went back into my purchases, all of the apps that I had hidden were gone and the ones that I had previously purchased, I was asked to purchase again. I liked that all of those free apps that I had tried and then deleted were finally erased, but I guess you would have to be careful with hiding your paid apps.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You would not have to purchase anything again. You might have to enter your passcode like when purchasing, but it would tell you it's already purchased.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You would not have to purchase anything again. You might have to enter your passcode like when purchasing, but it would tell you it's already purchased.

Not for me it didn't. I had to purchase Swype again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not for me it didn't. I had to purchase Swype again.

Then that's a bug. You should call or email iTunes. They're great at helping. They should refund that second purchase. Just explain to them what happened.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing something similar. I tried to download an app that I've not had on my iPhone, but family member has. Currently they don't have it installed on their phone either. I get this error message:ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412554831.150322.jpg

Has anyone had this?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing something similar. I tried to download an app that I've not had on my iPhone, but family member has. Currently they don't have it installed on their phone either. I get this error message:View attachment 67416

Has anyone had this?
Were you sharing an iTunes ID with a family member before iOS 8? Or is this about the new family share?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2