BT In Car Issue Fixed
So background first.
Both me and my Wife had iPhone 5S's with IOS Beta 8.0 on them
Both iPhones shared One iCloud account.
Both drive different cars. No issues at all with the 5S and 8.0 GM Beta.
Both of us got iPhone 6 Plus 128 ATT last week.
I did a restore for both phones from backups of the 5S.
Both iPhones stopped working in our cars.
Both iPhones were updated to IOS 8.02.
Both iPhones connected to BT in the car and would allow SIRI interaction but when a call was placed the call would drop off the car BT and the phones speaker would have to be turned on.
Yesterday I took my Wife's iPhone and set it up with her new Apple ID/iCloud account. I did'n't reset or restore it, just deleted my account, then added her new account. I then added my account as secondary sharing only Photos, iCal and Reminders. I did the same for her iPad and iMac.
Today both phones connected to each of our cars and we now have 100% full bluetooth functionality.
- 10-03-2014, 01:06 PM #2
- 10-06-2014, 05:29 AM #3iMore Intermediate
- 306 Posts
Re: BT In Car Issue Fixed
BT worked fine for me with my iPhone 5s, then I upgraded to a 6 (phone kept same name) and it stopped working- my phone would not connect via bluetooth to my Toyota Highlander. Here is what I did - I deleted the phone name connection on the Highlander screen, and re-established it - it said I could not get messages (which I don't use in the car), but music, phone calls in/out, and even the Waze voices for navigation come through the blue tooth perfectly. If someone else is having this problem, realizing cars can vary greatly, you might want to try deleting everything on your car and starting again as new, if that helps with an idea...
- 10-07-2014, 02:23 PM #4
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-03-2014, 12:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-03-2014, 11:28 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2014, 09:32 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-03-2014, 08:51 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2014, 08:34 AM