Family Share setup
I need some advice. I have several iPhones and iPads in my house for different family members. We all have our own iCloud account for FaceTime, iMessage etc and a shared one for iTunes.
The problem now is that things like podcasts and such are being shared on every device in my house because of the shared iTunes account. I would like to move to family share but how would this work with my setup?
There are 5 Individual iCloud accounts and 1 shared. Do I just put all 6 in my family share? Or how do I move my years of purchases in the shared account into my individual account?
- 10-03-2014, 07:00 AM #2
Re: Family Share setup
I'd set up the shared iTunes account as the Family Sharing organizer. Then add all the other 5 accounts to Family Sharing. At that point on your own device, you could choose to keep using the shared iTunes account for purchases or you could transition to using your iCloud account for new purchases. All the other family members would then use their own iCloud accounts for purchases rather than the shared account.
- By bothfly in forum iOS 8Replies: 9Last Post: 10-02-2014, 07:26 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-01-2014, 09:00 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2014, 11:33 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2014, 11:22 AM
- By Andre_P in forum iOS 8Replies: 4Last Post: 09-30-2014, 10:24 AM