Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Default How do you view apps by release date?

How on earth do you just view apps by release ? Like if an app came out an hour ago it would be at the top ?

Default re: How do you view apps by release date?

I'm not aware of a setting/option to view apps by release date.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Re: How do you view apps by release date?

When the AppStore was young, you used to be able to do this but not for quite a while now.

It's not always first in at the top. It depends on several things. I can update several at the same time, but they don't take the same amount of time to update. This can cause the most recent to not be at the top. That update list is new with iOS 7. Before iOS 7, we had no list. Also, it seems some always seem to make their way to the top, regardless of how it is done. Not sure why. Maybe a bit of $$ to iTunes/Apple for top spot? Looks that way at times. That order doesn't bother me. The order that I hate is the reviews. They used to show the most recent reviews at the top. And they were in order of when they came in. It made much better sense than like they do now. You look at reviews, and at the top are reviews from 2 years ago. To see the most recent, and most relevant, you have to scroll way down several hundred reviews. And they mix them up for apps with negative recent reviews so that older good reviews are counted to give it a false high rating of stars. You can no longer rely on reviews anyway. Many developers post several positive reviews to skewer it in their favor. iTunes has started cracking down on that. The reviews are just no longer relevant. Sorry about getting off topic!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

In the app store select Featured>Categories then click on the relevant list and pick the Release Date on top.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,896 Global Posts

You can't. But if you actually want to know the release dates history of an individual app you can view the app in the App Store and scroll down to "version history."