After the iOS 8.02 update, my screen has turned Black & White. Have I gone back in time?

Divinon

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: After the iOS 8.02 update, my screen has turned Black & White. Have I gone back in time?

Thx so much Aarati Kumar! The screen on my iphone 5 is working again!!!

Ben Ronec

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: After the iOS 8.02 update, my screen has turned Black & White. Have I gone back in time?

Turning the zoom off worked!!

Thanks!!

Doug Thrower

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

My 4s over night changed to inverted black and white. Managed to re-invert it, but colour only came back by turning zoom off. Apple obviously have another bug somewhere.

smilyniz

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site

The same thing happened to my iPad. However, I updated a week or so ago. Can't believe it took this long. It happened last night. I was about to take it to the Apple Store to be fixed, if the price was within reason. Thank goodness y'all figured it out! Yay!!! Thank you so much
Why don't they release something to the consumer?

bigals1st

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

Thanks I switched off zoom now colours back but no zoom???!!!!

Jennifer Youngblood

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for the help. I did a search and this fixed it. Although I have not updated to 8.2...I did have black and white screen.

TechWilly

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

Hi this is an easy one,but if I tell you the answer I will hav to kill you.LOL
All you hav t do is press the home button 3 times in quick sucession.By doing this you can alternate between colour and black and white screens.Easy peasy.

Geronime

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Thank you so much for this info. :cool:

One addendum to your tip though: If you have Zoom on (one of the Accessibility options), you need to be careful to just tap lightly 3 times with 3 fingers. I had been tapping to roughly and the screen kept zooming in and out. After many attempts, I tried tapping lightly, being careful not to slide my fingers on the screen.

That did it. The little box appeared. I then clicked on Filter, then clicked on None. Presto, I had full color back.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 8.02 After update has turned my screen Black & White

Someone describe the procedure for 3 finger tap or click or whatever. Are we talking about a triple tap or a single tap on the screen using 3 fingers or what? Either way I haven't had any problem I just thought I would check it out in case I needed it in the future

gsayer

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

This one worked for my IPhone 4S...IOS 8.2

One addendum to your tip though: If you have Zoom on (one of the Accessibility options),

you need to be careful to just tap lightly 3 times with 3 fingers. I had been tapping to roughly and the screen kept zooming in and out. After many attempts, I tried tapping lightly, being careful not to slide my fingers on the screen.

That did it. The little box appeared. I then clicked on Filter, then clicked on None. Presto, I had full color back.

Happy Man

lagian44honey1

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 8.02 After update has turned my screen Black & White

Help?? My screen went to black and white also. Tried all suggestions. Did u find out how to fix this.? Anyone please?

Victor perez5

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the great tip. I tapped with the three fingers a couple of times, turned of the gray scale and it worked.

Riyaz Hassan

May 30, 2015
Visit site

did same and now phone back to normal from black and white. :D

ute672

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site

use 3 fingers to triple tap on the screen. then select filter as none. wa la

Emerich Loh

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Great! Finally my ipad is back to normal. Thank you for sharing the solution. :yes::yes::yes:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods