iCloud Photo Library (beta) Access

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I just noticed I have access to iCloud Photo Library (beta) on my iPhone which I did not have access to a few days ago. I'm not sure if this is because of the update to 8.0.2 or not.
Regardless, I turned it on and it is now presumably working. My question is how do I access the web portal to this? I don't see a folder on my iCloud Drive within iCloud.com.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You will not see an iCloud Drive app or folder on the device itself. An app that supports iCloud Drive will have to be used. See the following screenshot. In the iPhone screenshots, you will see that I am using the "Export to iCloud Drive" option within the Goodreader app to send and view folders located within my iCloud Drive. The last screenshot taken from my MacBook depicts what you will see when you login to the iCloud website.

Photo Sep 26, 5 17 48 PM.png

Photo Sep 26, 5 18 18 PM.png

Screenshot 2014-09-26 17.11.33.png

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
You won't be able to view it until Yosemite comes out next month.

I am not using a Mac so (for me) Yosemite does not matter. I am on a PC (which works fine with iCloud Drive) and was looking for a way to access the Photo Library (beta) via the web or PC control panel. As I understand now the Photo Library (beta) is only available to iOS devices. Is that correct? I have tried the beta iCloud website and it is not there either.

You will not see an iCloud Drive app or folder on the device itself. An app that supports iCloud Drive will have to be used. See the following screenshot. In the iPhone screenshots, you will see that I am using the "Export to iCloud Drive" option within the Goodreader app to send and view folders located within my iCloud Drive. The last screenshot taken from my MacBook depicts what you will see when you login to the iCloud website.

Please note I am NOT talking about iCloud Drive. I am talking about iCloud PHOTO Library.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
This is strange. I decided that Photo Library wasn't what I want yet so I turned it off.

Originally when I turned it on it gave me the warning that it would erase the pics that were on my phone. Not a problem. I had a folder of pics synced from iTune and that got removed also.

Now that it is off my phone isn't recognizing the photo sync folder from iTunes. Iv'e tried everything (hard reboot, unsync folder/resync folder). Anyone know how I can get it to sync photos again with iTunes?

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
This is strange. I decided that Photo Library wasn't what I want yet so I turned it off.

Originally when I turned it on it gave me the warning that it would erase the pics that were on my phone. Not a problem. I had a folder of pics synced from iTune and that got removed also.

Now that it is off my phone isn't recognizing the photo sync folder from iTunes. Iv'e tried everything (hard reboot, unsync folder/resync folder). Anyone know how I can get it to sync photos again with iTunes?

Never mind. After messing with it I found that if I added a photo to the target folder it would then initiate a proper sync.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
My issue is that it wants to remove all my photos from my phone. Well I still use iPhoto and sync from it and have over 6 gigs of pictures.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
You will not see an iCloud Drive app or folder on the device itself. An app that supports iCloud Drive will have to be used. ]
I assume that the app (iCloud Drive) is for uploading/syncing only written "stuff," not photos, videos, etc.?

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I assume that the app (iCloud Drive) is for uploading/syncing only written "stuff," not photos, videos, etc.?
Hi,

From Apple's website (https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...%2Fwhats-new%2Ficloud-drive%2F&token=u74E9Z0Y
Because with iCloud Drive, you can safely store all your presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs, images, and any other kind of document in iCloud and access them from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.

It's for any kind of stuff. :)
On computers, you can access them directly from the Finder. On iOS devices, you'll need an app that can read or process the document to open them.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping the new iCloud Drive has an app for iPhones, and tablets.
It will be nice to be able to manage , and see all your photos etc without the need of a PC or MAC.
Next month with this implementation, it will be interesting to see what plays out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro