Problem with reminders

crackercraig

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having troubles with the reminders app?

Since ios 8 I have been having a lot of trouble with my reminders app. I open the app and it is frozen. It takes a good 2 minutes before any reminders load on the display. Once they display, I am unable to edit or add anything. I did a complete reset of my phone and set up from a previous back up. It worked perfectly for a few days. Then I was having trouble with a few other apps so I turned the phone off then back on again. Now my reminders are back to not working.

Any suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. The native Reminders app is working well on my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0.2. I am assuming you haven't reached the limits as indicated via the following link: iCloud: Limits for Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Bookmarks

It's possible that an errant setting is the problem, but I'm only guessing. In situations like this, I would do a restore and set up as NEW, but you may find it inconvenient or impractical at this time. Anyway, that is my recommendation...:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the reminders app since it was first introduced to iOS way back when, & on a rare occasion it can get quirky where I have to turn my phone off/on, but like I said... That's a very rare happening(maybe once or twice in a six month time frame). Reminders has been working wonderfully for me on a daily basis.

crackercraig

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Nope. The native Reminders app is working well on my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0.2. I am assuming you haven't reached the limits as indicated via the following link: iCloud: Limits for Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Bookmarks

It's possible that an errant setting is the problem, but I'm only guessing. In situations like this, I would do a restore and set up as NEW, but you may find it inconvenient or impractical at this time. Anyway, that is my recommendation...:)

I am well within the limits. and while restoring as new might solve the issue, it is a HUGE PAIN IN THE *** to have to manually enter all of my contact, email, etc.. and download apps. all over again so I hope I can avoid that.

ellennz

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have had problems with reminders on my iPad Air since I updated to iOS 8. Just went to 8.0.2 but it hasn't helped. My problem is that I can add a reminder but when I try to add a date/time for the reminder it just closes the app. It works fine on my iphone 5. If I create a reminder on my phone, I can edit it on my iPad. It appears that the problem is with the last reminder created on my iPad. I can edit the date/time on all by the last entry in the list.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hate to ask but what do you use the reminders for? I've been putting all my stuff into the calendar.

Thanks

I have Reminders for things like heartworm for dogs, change the AC filter, drain the MBA battery. Then I have other lists in there like Groceries, Pack for Vacation, Christmas List, TV, Restaurants I want to check out in whatever new city we're visiting, etc. I guess I use it as an easy list app in addition to actual timed reminders. I have 26 reminder categories at the moment.