iOS 8.0.2 update caused similar issues to the ones seen in 8.0.1

rajeshr68

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've got an unlocked 128GB iPhone 6 on which I went from iOS 8.0 to iOS 8.0.2 and now I no longer have cellular connectivity nor does the Touch ID work. I'd never installed the 8.0.1 update and I used the OTA update on my iPhone 6. :mad:

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm working with Apple support right now and am now trying to Restore it via iTunes. I have another 8 hours for the download to complete!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This thread is really probably directed to those of us who's phone actually stopped working on 8.0.1. Now that you've told me I won't update; thank you.

rajeshr68

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that most of the users seem to have updated without any issues. According to the Apple support folks, the cause is due to a corrupt download. I'd assume that before install, the software does a checksum for ensuring that it's not corrupt - but hey, the support guys know best! :rolleyes:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you 100% sure you didn't manage to install the 8.0.1 update? Even if you didn't install it the other day, when if was first pushed out, your phone may have downloaded it then without actually installing it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that most of the users seem to have updated without any issues. According to the Apple support folks, the cause is due to a corrupt download. I'd assume that before install, the software does a checksum for ensuring that it's not corrupt - but hey, the support guys know best! :rolleyes:

Put your device in recovery mode or DFU mode and have iTunes download and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version. When the process is complete, set up your device as NEW. That is what I would do if I were in your predicament.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with Cell Service after updating OTA, but after turning Automatic Carrier detection on & off several times along with Aeroplane mode on and off & Network Settings Reset it seems to have sorted itself out.

Roland

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It is more likely than not that connecting to iTunes and doing a full iOS restore will fix most issues people are having.

rajeshr68

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Put your device in recovery mode or DFU mode and have iTunes download and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version. When the process is complete, set up your device as NEW. That is what I would do if I were in your predicament.

That's what I ended up doing. Took over 8 hours to download the full 8.0.2 iOS, but finally got it installed and it now seems to be working properly. Thanks to all for the help!

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
8 hours? My timeline is this. Download time was 8m 33s, install time was 28 minutes. Reboot time where the apple symbol appeared with that progress time was 40 minutes. For a total of 1 hour 38 minutes 33 seconds. Time in the early evening hours.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6 plus on att loaded the update now i everyone with a iPhone can't get messages from me iMessage seems to act as if it sends and then stalls out and never sends

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73