iOS 8.0.2 released. Feedback/bugs

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that banner notifications don't disappear automatically...for example Message notifications are stuck at the top of my screen until I flick it away or press the Home button, rather than disappearing on its own after a few seconds. Very annoying.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that banner notifications don't disappear automatically...for example Message notifications are stuck at the top of my screen until I flick it away or press the Home button, rather than disappearing on its own after a few seconds. Very annoying.

I get this with hangouts, except some times they literally freeze. I can't even flick them away. Ive left feedback to Google.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Now I'm starting to get that app updates issue where you have to update apps twice. I updated an app on the 2nd of October and today I just got the same update and I checked for updates last night too.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk
I've seen that some on iOS 7. as well as 8. Not sure what causes that.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

guitarman85

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
A huge issue for me is that edited photos (via photos app or third party via extensions) lose geotag data. So when I try to use photo location in day one for example, it says that the photo contains no location information. If I restore the original photo (remove edits) the data comes back. This is a huge issue that I hope is fixed in iOS 8.1. Can anyone confirm if this bug still exists in 8.1?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I see the exif data missing as well for photos edited in the Photos app.
After photo edits in ProCamera 8:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412697988.729759.jpg

After Photo edits in the Photos app:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412698072.294785.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A huge issue for me is that edited photos (via photos app or third party via extensions) lose geotag data. So when I try to use photo location in day one for example, it says that the photo contains no location information. If I restore the original photo (remove edits) the data comes back. This is a huge issue that I hope is fixed in iOS 8.1. Can anyone confirm if this bug still exists in 8.1?

Photos edited in 3rd party apps like Camera+ and ProCamera 8 don't seem affected. This appears to be specific to the photos app. Camera+ didn't show location, but I had location turned off for that app.

guitarman85

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Photos edited in 3rd party apps like Camera+ and ProCamera 8 don't seem affected. This appears to be specific to the photos app. Camera+ didn't show location, but I had location turned off for that app.

Thanks for verifying. It's unfortunate because I generally like the ease and power of the new built in editing controls, but until this bug is fixed it's not very useful to me. I notified the Day One developer and they in turn have notified apple, so hopefully a fix will get into 8.1

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
IMG_2543.jpg

Anyone else experience this UI glitch with the lock screen and the camera shutter? Also sometimes control center won't work for me from the lock screen. Just the morning I tried posting this from my iPad twice...and both times the keyboard froze up causing Safari to become unresponsive and eventually Safari refreshed itself causing everything I typed to be lost. I do NOT use third party keyboards.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Today again I experienced problems with the calender widget. It doesn't update (happened on two days this week) showing me the wrong data, more precise the data from a day before.
Will give feedback to Apple about this problem as I had this problem now three times. Using IOS 8.0.2

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Safari sux on iPad 3rd generation. Freezes up, slow as cold syrup, will not play movies better than half the time from web sites. I've restored this thing 2 times and didn't help one dang bit. Help---someone

mooch91

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
My lock screen (password entry) is getting stuck every time I try to erase an email direct from the lock screen notification. It doesn't erase but it brings up password entry and I can't enter the password nor can I clear the password screen without pressing the lock button a dozen times or so.

Sent from my mobile device.

Goldenhare

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I update to IOS 8 (and did the 8.0.2 update) I have not been able to send a picture to someone through a text message. I only use the camera on the iphone. I have a iphone 4s. Please let me know if anyone has a fix for it. Thanks for any help you can give :)

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Safari sux on iPad 3rd generation. Freezes up, slow as cold syrup, will not play movies better than half the time from web sites. I've restored this thing 2 times and didn't help one dang bit. Help---someone

I thought I was the only one That was having Safari issues on my iPad, except I have the 4th gen model. Safari so far has frozen on me three times within two days. At first I thought it was because the iPad was running out of memory so I backed it up and did a restore to also remove some of the "other" data that was hogging up 4GB of my 16GB iPad...that didn't help any. The first time I used Safari to place an order online Safari froze as I was entering my address.

Also I notice that occasionally when I click links after performing a Google search that the links appear to be "dead" and my taps won't register. I have to hit the status bar by the clock then tap the link again and voil? the links work. It's very frustrating! :mad:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Is the loophole still open that allows installation of beta 2 without a dev account?

I don’t know the answer to that question. But with the Apple event scheduled for Thursday, where iOS 8.1 is expected to be released, why not just wait a few days? iOS 8.0.2 has been here since 9/25. What’s a few more days?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I don?t know the answer to that question. But with the Apple event scheduled for Thursday, where iOS 8.1 is expected to be released, why not just wait a few days? iOS 8.0.2 has been here since 9/25. What?s a few more days?

Groovy news. Maybe then I can install the three keyboards I want.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413173388.574970.jpg I just noticed that the camera orientation would get stuck a certain way when I have orientation lock on.

In this picture, I'm holding the phone in landscape, but the camera is in portrait mode.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413173541.543251.jpg the resulting picture is sideways when holding the phone upright.

I mentioned this to my brother and he mentioned that this bug is evident in video mode too. Kind of annoying.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I am still getting the keyboard bug. My quick reply is using stock and not TouchPal. :(

Edit: I have since learned that is because of my pass code. I am unwilling to turn off touch id so I am just dealing for now. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner