iOS 8.0.2 released. Feedback/bugs

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got 8.0.2 yesterday and i thought it would lag on my Apple Devices, but it's quite amazing, all those new features are making my Apple Devices really fine :)
Just disabled spotlight for the first time to speed up my Apple Devices and applied a hard reset.
I use spotlight a good bit but just disable the ones I don't use, like email, messages, etc. mainly use it to find apps in folders :) and contacts.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing a lag when connected to Wifi? Apps are so slow to load up.

Yeah, but only after 5 minutes. Then it loads slow for about 2 minutes then it's back to normal and never slows again. I've also noticed that my apps will fail or stop loading while I receive a push notification, once I get the notification it's back to normal.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

2ndAmendNut

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
8.0.2 fixed the one issue I was having with 8.0, it broke my Bluetooth with my headset and I couldn't get it to pair up until now! #HappyDance

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
On my iPad Air when I check my EMAILs I don't receive the new EMAIL sound. I just checked my iPhone 6 and it works fine. I know that the sound worked fine with latest iOs 7.X.

And yes I have the sound enabled in the Settings-Sounds screen. In fact when I select a new sound and go back to my original sound it will play in the settings screen but not in the Mail screen.

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
On my iPad Air when I check my EMAILs I don't receive the new EMAIL sound. I just checked my iPhone 6 and it works fine. I know that the sound worked fine with latest iOs 7.X.

And yes I have the sound enabled in the Settings-Sounds screen. In fact when I select a new sound and go back to my original sound it will play in the settings screen but not in the Mail screen.

You might wanna look into your settings to enable the mail app as a refreshing background service.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine was on as well. Tks Ledsteplin

If you scroll all the way down the same screen there is an item called Traffic.
Do you have any idea what this does?
Does it give me Traffic info when I'm in Maps or Siri asking for directions?
TIA
It has to do with traffic alerts on the notification screen. It needs GPS for that. Might be ok in the big cities. I keep off.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

mooch91

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Had my first problems ever with my iphone 5, after the 8.0.2 update. Phone was ultra-reliable beforehand, has been quirky since.

Sometimes drops calls, or I don't hear the other person.

Siri wouldn't respond to me at all today - gave me an error message saying she was unavailable.

Tonight all of my data was stuck - nothing receiving or sending. I had to go in and "delete network settings" to get it to return. Couldn't send/receive emails, nor texts. Could still make phone calls.

Battery life appears a little worse. I went back in to settings and tried to remember which background refreshes, notifications, and privacy settings I had set to "off" since it appears some reverted back to "on" since the update.

Only positive change I noticed - on the phone calls I received today, I didn't have to say "Hello" more than once. I used to have a terrible lag between hitting the answer button and having the caller be able to hear me.

Hope it's not a sign of things to come, hoping the network reset (once) does the trick.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You might wanna look into your settings to enable the mail app as a refreshing background service.

I tried it on my 2 older iPads, 3 and 4 and they work like they should. Both have the refresh in the background shut off. It looks like it may be an iPad Air problem.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
On my friends 5S (ATT) Siri gets activated when charging at night and is responding to questions being asked on the TV.
This has happened several times and no one is saying "Hey Siri".
Spooky,
Does anyone have a solution?
TIA

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing a lag when connected to Wifi? Apps are so slow to load up.

Since yesterday my wifi won't kick in when I enter my apartment from going out somewhere,it'll just stay on 4G then when I go to connect it to the wifi it eternally loads so then I have to power off my device then turn it back on THEN in works...

hsfof3

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Also having problems staying on LTE. Speeds have slowed by 5mb up and down. Gmail will not push emails and messages have a delay.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
On my friends 5S (ATT) Siri gets activated when charging at night and is responding to questions being asked on the TV.
This has happened several times and no one is saying "Hey Siri".
Spooky,
Does anyone have a solution?
TIA

• Turn off "Hey Siri"
  • Turn down the TV
  • Charge the phone when the TV is off
:)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Also having problems staying on LTE. Speeds have slowed by 5mb up and down. Gmail will not push emails and messages have a delay.

GMail stopped pushing in 2013, which is probably why. If you had it on a phone then and upgraded, it would go away. I had it on my iPhone 5, but not on my 6.

Google's push Gmail changes surprise new iPhone buyers, Apple store reps

I use the GMail app, or just live with the 15 minute fetch. It's not a big deal -- if it is, I'll open the mail app and refresh periodically if I'm expecting something, but I don't feel as though I've lost anything. :)