iOS 8.0.2 released. Feedback/bugs

illusionist987

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a device issue or if it's a bug in ios 8.0.2. Whenever I try to edit a photo using the extension for either squaready or camera+ the extension fails by hanging / freezing when I'm finished with the editing. I get a spinning wheel that seems to go on forever. I have to select cancel to exit. Is anyone else having the same issue?ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411837280.672001.jpg

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So far mostly good on my 6. Fleksy (keyboard) still disappears every so often but seems better than before and more responsive. I brought up a SMS thread and there was just a blank space for the keyboard. Anyone else seeing that? That's the only thing I've seen so far but I only just updated it within the last hour.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
So far mostly good on my 6. Fleksy (keyboard) still disappears every so often but seems better than before and more responsive. I brought up a SMS thread and there was just a blank space for the keyboard. Anyone else seeing that? That's the only thing I've seen so far but I only just updated it within the last hour.

Yeah I've had the blank keyboard space. I closed the message app out of multitasker and reopened it and it went away.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Not really a bug, but as I used my phone this morning,I noticed my battery going down really fast. I noticed the geotag icon in the status bar. I looked everywhere for what was using that. I finally found it in system services in location services. Toggled it off. Battery seems better now . Here's the culprit :
View attachment 66317

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Mine was on as well. Tks Ledsteplin

If you scroll all the way down the same screen there is an item called Traffic.
Do you have any idea what this does?
Does it give me Traffic info when I'm in Maps or Siri asking for directions?
TIA

Last edited:

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
If you had favorite contacts (I used a favorite list so that they still could call me while using "Do not disturb") you might want to check your list of favorite contacts. My list was completely empty today.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
8.0.2 on my iPhone 6... This morning I needed directions so I went into the stock maps. Found my destination and selected the route... The voice came on and told me to proceed to the route.. When it came time to turn , instead of saying "turn right on shore rd" it said "turn right on $$?77t". (Speaking out "dollar sign, dollar sign...etc" At first I though it was a different language!! We were laughing about it. But as we kept driving it was EVERY ROAD. I had to exit out of maps and used Waze instead.
Have not seen any other issues.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
So here's what I noticed after I did a complete wipe of the 5C, and restored it as a new device. Battery life is better, but apps like Safari occasionally crash when I open them. And the device seems to have a lot of lag lately.
What's strange, the iPad Mini has been fine without issues, and the battery life is great.
Edit: I have also noticed the App Store is messed up.
When I go into the App Store, and look at my purchased apps.
It shows I only have 28 apps installed. 3 apps are somewhere in limbo, since my phone has 31.
Now I may stand corrected. When you purchase an app, or anything from the iTunes Store. Whether or not you choose to back up your phone through iCloud, or iTunes.
The purchased apps always sit in the cloud, you just have to load them manually.
Which is what I choose to do, since I always prefer to restore my phone as a new device.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just dug thru my logs on my 6P and I see the same multiple times a day. I didn't know it was there until I just checked so I'm not going to worry about it.

I've noted these logs on my Air, 5C and all 3 of my parents iPad Airs & mini as well. My Air was updated with a clean install through iTunes, while the'rents 3 iPads/mini as well as my 5C were done OTA. I didn't know they were there until another member, Emt, brought it up last week in the "have you upgraded your 5C to iOS 8" thread. Hubbys 5C was also done OTA but I haven't even looked into his.

Since then I haven't stressed over it at all because I didn't even know they were there and all devices are running great.

FWIW, when I was in the Apple store also last week, I just peeked in on a few 6's and 6+'s and they were showing the same error logs.

I'm not worried about my device at all either but I think the amount of logs I get is a bit excessive. I did give feedback to Apple about it so they might look into it. I did find a Apple discussion thread also so at least I'm not the only one https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6539245

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
After updating to iOS 8.0.2 my sound doesn't work all the time. Sometimes it's intermittent sometimes it's not at all. Hmmm
I made an appointment with the Genius Bar for tomorrow. I wonder if I should hold off till another update?

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
After updating to iOS 8.0.2 my sound doesn't work all the time. Sometimes it's intermittent sometimes it's not at all. Hmmm
I made an appointment with the Genius Bar for tomorrow. I wonder if I should hold off till another update?

Mine was perfect until I tried third party keyboards.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After doing a restore and a battery calibration I have to say my battery life is pretty good right now for how I've used my phone.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411989092.425002.jpg

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
A couple of times when I used spotlight search the screen will go black. Reboot or turn the device off takes care of it. Anyone else notice this happening?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro